Sunday, May 26, 2013

Tyler, Tyler, Tyler

We have had an exciting week with pretty good weather! It was a little cooler than it has been, and for that, I am very grateful! Monday we had a Bonneville Volleyball Club Coaches Party at Pizza Pie CafĂ©.  Both of us left very full! We had a good time visiting with my parents and the Keck’s.  We sure missed Makayla! We also got Kolt’s phone in the mail this week.  We joke that Kolt’s “indestructible” phone isn’t indestructible when you lose it.  His new idea is to paint his phone hunter orange, so he can find it the next time he loses it.  He’s also promised to leave the phone and wallet in the car when he is walking in the ditches.  We are hoping to have better luck with Round 2 of the “Indestructible” phone!

Kolt has been irrigating a couple of fields this week. He has had a pretty nice schedule with good breaks during the day for lunch and dinner, but usually has to change the water either late at night or sometime during the night.  Over the weekend, Kolt woke up at 2 in the morning to go change water.  I don’t wake up very well with him at that time of night, but on Monday and Tuesday, he changed water at about 9.  I’ve had a pretty good time going out with him.  We visit on the way out to the field, and then I usually fall asleep in the car and all the way home.  

Wednesday, Grandma Lindley got here.  We were excited to attend institute, but missed the first few weeks, so we must’ve missed the memo that they were taking the week off.  We tried 2 different institute classes, but no one was there.  We are excited to try again this week and hope to find a class!

Thursday Tyler had his high school graduation.  Somehow he convinced Kolt not to go to the long graduation, but to just come back for the party afterwards.  We ended up going on a horseback ride with Kolt’s family.  I rode Kate, and I was pretty nervous she might have too much energy for me.  Kolt got on to “ride the rough” off her, and she hardly even moved.  She was great, and I had a very slow, smooth ride.  We took a short ride up Little Kelly and then rushed home for dessert at the house.  We are sure excited for him. 

The highlight of the week was Grandma’s banana cream pie and Portobello mushroom soup, our favorites.  I always enjoy talking to my grandma and listening to her stories.  She always has good advice.  I caught the end of Sister Monson’s funeral Thursday afternoon.  I am amazed at her example and love.  Kolt, my mom and I also watched President Monson’s biography movie on lds.org called On the Lord’s Errand.  It is an excellent movie.  There is so much to learn from President Monson, as well as Sister Monson.  It always amazes me how much President Monson did in the church and how well he fulfilled his callings.  I hope to be able to leave an impact with people like he has.

The week of Tyler continued.  He played in an All-Star Football game at Shelley High School Friday night.  Kolt was able to take a good break from work, and we rode up with Grandma, Mom, and Dad.  He did awesome, and Tyler and Kolt have had a good time talking about it.  We beat the 5th district 35-28.  It was a really intense game. Saturday morning, Tyler went through the temple.  Kolt’s work has been great for him, and he was able to take a few hours off of work to be there.  We had the whole family in the temple, except Brady who had to work.  After the session, we went to Stockman’s for dinner.  We had a super time talking with family.  We sure love our family and are so grateful families can be together forever.

Saturday Kolt and I had a date night shopping at Wal-Mart and using a Buy-One-Get-One-Free coupon with our gift card at Jamba Juice.  We are pretty good at taking advantage of the all the deals in town.  We are enjoying every minute together before this baby comes because we know he will change our lives very quickly.   We have 6 weeks left until this baby is scheduled to come.  I am getting big enough to start being uncomfortable and sleeping pretty poorly.  My new craving is carrots; I feel like a rabbit, but they are delicious and always settle well.

Sunday morning we watched the video of President Monson.   The song we are singing for choir is How Firm a Foundation.  Kolt and I spent a few minutes at home before choir practice to practice the song.  Kolt gave a great lesson on how reverence invites personal revelation.  I left more motivated to take time to sit in quiet and prepare myself for personal revelation. My mom taught the Relief Society lesson.  She did a great job teaching about Elder Cook’s talk “Can You Feel So Now?”.  We talked about what causes spiritual droughts and how to fix them.  I set a goal to have more regular prayer, so that I can avoid spiritual droughts.  Sunday evening Kolt’s dad made an awesome chicken cordon bleu dinner.  Kolt played football and basketball with his brothers, and Shauna and I had a good visit.  Grandma and Grandpa Staker stopped by too; it was nice to visit with them.  They are excited for their calling to serve up at Darby camp for the summer.











No comments:

Post a Comment