I am officially 35 weeks along! Doctor visit was great this week. I told them to put my on the calendar to have this baby early! Everything seems to be growing fine, and he is still very active although there is less room to roll around now. He still finds a way to lodge his feet in my ribs. The doctor assured me that the sharp pains were nothing to worry about because he could feel the baby’s feet right up in my ribs. I think he will be an active child!
We have had a great
week starting with a great Memorial Day Monday.
We began the day with breakfast with the Milo Ward. Kolt’s dad helped make pancakes, potatoes,
eggs and bacon. It was delicious! Kolt enjoyed seeing members of his ward
growing up. We just don’t see them
enough! We got to visit with the Howard’s, Jacob Shipton, Ty Cooper, and many
others. We are sure grateful for good
friends and examples. After breakfast,
Kolt and I stopped by the Ucon Cemetery and visited Kolt’s niece Brylee’s
grave. This was the first year I didn’t
get to go to Utah to visit Julie Ann, Daniel, and Trevor’s graves along with
Uncle Blake and Grandpa Lindley. I was
sure thinking about them all day. We are
so grateful that families can be together forever. Kolt went to work for the afternoon. He has been working quite a bit. Last week he worked 68 hours. He is a hard worker, and I am very grateful
he is working as much as he can before the baby comes.
Monday evening we went riding up to Kelly Canyon again with
Kolt’s dad, Shauna, Landon, Rope & Brand.
We took Nathan for a short ride in the backyard before we left. Kolt and I drove the truck and trailer with
Kate and Chex. Kate did great except when
she jumped the 2 creeks! I hit my belly pretty hard on the saddle horn the
first time, so the next time I leaned to the side and about fell off. Luckily
Kolt caught me! Kolt says I ride like a sack of potatoes. Kolt fell off Chex while they were racing
with his brothers and Shauna. He didn’t
have the cinch on very tight, so it was fine after that. It was about a 3 hour ride—I came home pretty
tired and sore. I think that might be my
finale until after the baby!
Tuesday we had some yummy
Tortellini for dinner with a Caesar salad and fruit. Tortellini is one of the few things I can
make. Wednesday night Kolt and I
attempted to attend institute again, but it apparently isn’t Wednesday nights!
We are going to try for Thursday this week.
So far, we are batting 1000. On
the way home, we stopped by volleyball practice at Bonneville. The 17s and 15s are practicing for
Phoenix. They are looking very good, and
I am bummed I can’t go this year, since it is the last week of June. We enjoyed talking with Kaisha Udy, a little
sister of one of the girls on my freshman volleyball team last year. The highlight was her suggestion to name the
baby Roger!
Thursday I took work off to help babysit Kamrie for the
day. She was fun to be with, and I tried
really hard to keep her up, so she would sleep through the Kristi’s interview
at 11. We helped Tyler clean up his room
and organize his things. She found some old
suckers and candy. It seemed to be the highlight
of the morning. I kept working on some
boxes of old school papers; it seems like this is going to take me all
summer. That evening we went to a
fundraiser at Pizza Pie Café for Tatelyn Hill.
We met up with Jared and Jeanna at six.
Kolt got a cookie monster, and I got the buffet. It was good to visit with the Hill’s. We are hoping Chex will be a good fit for one
of their boys by the end of the summer.
Shauna’s birthday was
Thursday also! Kolt and I got her a
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream cake by special request. We went out at seven and caught dinner with
his family and Grandma and Grandpa Piquet, then enjoyed the yummy ice cream
cake! Shauna’s father-in-law asked Kolt to ride another horse this summer. The horse is a Chestnut 3-year old named
Chester. He worked with him in the round
pen for the first time, and he seems to have a lot of energy!
Friday was the Father and Son’s Campout for our ward. Kolt went with my dad and Nathan that
night. My mom and I stayed home and babysat
Brooke while Natalie and Brady went to the temple. They got us Pizza Hut pizza. We thought we were in heaven! I met Jared and
Trish on Broadway to pick up Lacey and Lindsey.
We stopped by the Greenbelt to look at the falls and then stopped by Arctic
Circle for ice cream on the way home. The
highlight of the night was Lindsey. She
was so surprised at how many motorcycles there are in the “city”. Over the weekend, she counted 23 and just
couldn’t believe it.
Saturday was Rope’s
11th birthday! He wanted to have a birthday breakfast at the Ucon
Diner. My mom and I made his cake. He asked for a “chocolate cake with chocolate
frosting and if I wanted it to be a special birthday, I could put white
chocolate dipped strawberries on top.”
We had to make it extra special, so we did that! I was pretty impressed—my
mom is amazing. I was getting discouraged,
but she saved it! I was excited to hold little Paisley again. Rope got a bow which he couldn’t stop smiling
about!
We hurried back home after breakfast to watch the kids while
the parents helped Kevin and Ashley move into their new house. We had Evan,
Saydie, Charlie, Nathan and Brooke.
Lacey and Lindsey were great help, and Natalie even stayed around to
help. We packed a lunch and headed to
the zoo at 10:30. They had a blast, and
I was happy that I could keep up. We
made it home in time for naps. It was a
nice quiet afternoon!
Lacey and Lindsey had their piano lessons just in time for
us to head off to Kolt’s cousin, Amber Denning’s baby shower. She is due a week after me and also having a
boy. We met with Shauna and Angela at
Target and picked up a bumbo and a cute outfit.
We took a long drive out to Shelley, but made it there in plenty of
time. It was a beautiful shower. Lacey
and Lindsey enjoyed lots of treats, and we had a yummy lunch.
After the shower, we
helped Kolt get off riding with Shane, Landon, Rope & Brand. The girls and I went swimming in the hot
tub. We turned down the temperature and
enjoyed a relaxing sit. I remember the last
time I swam with them, they splashed and splashed. They are quite grown up (now 8 and 9), and they
enjoyed a peaceful sit while we talked about what baby names we like. They helped me make some caramel
popcorn. I’m not sure how much I did
because they were great help. We started
watching Father of the Bride Part II a little too late though, so we had to
leave 15 minutes into it to go meet Jared and Trish on their way home from Twin
Falls. I can’t believe how fast those
girls are growing up. I’m so glad I get
to teach them piano, so I can see them often! Saturday night I watched the last
couple hours of Titanic. I’ve never seen
it before, and I don’t ever want to watch it again! It is a pretty touching
show. I can’t even imagine being on that
sinking ship.
Sunday morning we had
a good day at church. Kolt taught the
Sunday school lesson about why it’s important to listen to our Priesthood
leaders. Our class had some great examples
of why to follow our Priesthood leaders including our dads. I shared a story of when I was at school at
Western, and I had planned a trip with some friends to Utah for the
weekend. My dad sent me a text telling
me he had an uneasy feeling, but also telling me that it was my decision to go
or not and he understood that. I made
the decision to go, and my dad was exactly right. I had a hard time feeling the Spirit all weekend
and wished that I had stayed home. I
wasn’t feeling good after Sunday School, so I came home to rest. We had a yummy breakfast dinner after church
made my mom.
After dinner, I took Tyler over to the church to learn to
play the organ. He wanted to try to play
it in case he needed to on his mission.
I showed him the few things I know, and he played and played for a half
hour. He was awesome. We are enjoying every minute with Tyler
before he leaves. We are just 10 days
away. He sure enjoys being with Kolt, and
they have become really good friends over the past few months. We are sure excited for all that he will accomplish
in the next couple year and especially proud of his decision to worthily serve
a mission.



No comments:
Post a Comment