Monday, June 24, 2013

Annual Piquet Wagon Train at 38 Weeks



I am 38 weeks tomorrow! We had great news at our doctor’s appointment today.  The doctor said to come back in next week for an appointment if I’m still pregnant, but if not, he’ll see me at the hospital.  That was great news for us! I am 70% effaced and dilated to a 3.  I am measuring at a 39 weeks, so that doctor said that I might have been due on July 1st which is one of the dates they guessed back in October.  The doctor said I am good to bring this baby along; he told me to get walking!  Baby has a healthy heartbeat again and has his head down.  He is still quite active; I can feel him readjust often, but feel less kicks.   He seems to be pretty big because he has dropped, but still can reach his feet and knees into my top right ribs.   One of my favorite foods is still carrots.  I set a new record.  Last week I ate 2 lbs. of carrots in 5 days.  This week I ate a pound of carrots in just one day.  This baby better have good eyesight; he took my eyesight for sure!

Kolt and I spent Monday through Wednesday working.  Kolt had quite a few waters this week, and I worked to get checks printed before the wagon train.  Monday night I went with Kolt and helped irrigate.  I was pretty proud that I could still help him move pipe.  I only lifted up the ends of the pipes and latched the end he was carrying in.  We moved 30 pipe in no time, but it was sure hot!  We got home at about 9:30 just in time for his boss to call and say that one of the other worker’s waters was overflowing, and that guy wasn’t answering his phone.  So I went to sleep, and Kolt went to fix that water.  He is a good sport to work late hours, including checking waters at 2 AM.  I never hear him complain about working early and late every day.  We feel pretty lucky that he can schedule around family events and make it home to have lunch with me most days.

Tuesday night we watched the Spurs lose to the Heat in overtime.  I think that was the first basketball game on TV that I have really gotten excited about.  We were pretty bummed when they lost, but even more bummed when we heard that the Heat beat them in game 7 on Thursday night.  Wednesday Kolt and I changed waters and then headed into town to do some grocery shopping.  We stopped by Sonic to use a coupon that we had.  Kolt was pretty talented to spill his chocolate banana shake all over the seat, console, and floor within the first 2 minutes.  We went to Albertson’s to get water and Oreos which were on sale.  We ended up finding a whole cart full of snacks for the wagon train.  

Thursday morning we got up at 5 AM to leave for the Annual Piquet Wagon Train trip.  Every June, Kolt’s family takes horses and wagons from Heise to Green Canyon.  Kolt and I had to work the first 3 days, but we made it the last 3.  So Thursday morning, Kolt finished carrying out the last of our things to the truck and loaded Chex, while I worked on making French toast.  We pulled out at 6, did chores at his parents’ house, and then headed up to Green Canyon.  Bryant was so nice to let us use his 4 wheeler, so I could have a smooth ride.  Kolt drove the 4 wheeler and I drove the truck and trailer to Thursday night’s camp site.  We were really happy we found it right away.  From that camp site, I drove the 4 wheeler and Kolt rode Chex back to meet up with the wagon.  About 3 miles down the road, Chex started limping pretty badly.  We noticed he had lost a shoe during the night.  He had scuffed up his hoof pretty bad, so we walked him back to the camp site, tied him up and drove the 4-wheeler to find the family.  We met them at the last campsite and heard about their eventful trip of losing their horse Choncho and Wednesday’s rain storm.  We helped them load up and then I rode in the wagon with Kolt’s dad for the first part of the trip until Kolt got back with a truck.  We then waited for them at the next campsite.  Thursday night we had yummy Eldorado casserole, one of Kolt’s mom’s specialties and Kolt’s favorites.  We stayed up late visiting with Clyde and Susan Waddell, who came to visit.  Clyde shoed Chex, so he told us to come up early Friday morning to Driggs, and he would put on another shoe, so Kolt could ride him.  

Friday we got up early to head to Driggs. Clyde put on a shoe in about 5 minutes.  He is so fast.  We got back just in time for eggs and sausage and to pack up camp.  Kolt, Shauna, and I drove the 3 trucks to the next campsite and then drove the 4 wheeler back to the wagon.  I rode along behind, and Kolt rode  Chex.  Kolt and his brothers rode all over the hills and fields, working Chex pretty good.   By the time he finished Friday, Kolt could swing a rope up over his head.  He was pretty happy about that.  I put a saddle bag on the 4 wheeler, so I could snack the whole way.  I was pretty happy I made it the whole way with the fuel light blinking! Friday night we had pork chops and potatoes, which Shane’s magical ingredient, apples! They were yummy.  We also drove up to Green Canyon to swim that night.  It felt SO good to get the weight off my back and feet in the pool.  I almost drowned when I found out how fast this belly floats!

Saturday we slept in and then ate pancakes.  I was so glad I slept well both nights.  Kolt and I put a bed mattress and lots of pillow in the back of the truck with the shell overtop.  It was so comfortable and kept us at a pretty good temperature.  Kolt and his brothers rode up to the top of some super high mountains.  We got some pretty cool pictures.  Chex made so much progress on this trip.  Kolt says the wagon train trip is where a horse completely turns the corner.  We were glad we were able to make it without having a baby on the trail! 

We got home at about 4 Saturday and got all unloaded and cleaned up at 6.  We headed up to Rigby to Bambino’s, my pregnancy craving.  I promised Kolt I could eat 3 Bambino’s, which are kinda like a pizza hot pocket.  He’ll never believe me again because I only ate one before I was too full.  We went to the Jefferson County Stampede Rodeo Saturday night.  Macoy Hill was Mutton Busting.  He did awesome and we were cheering pretty loud.  I think he was a little bummed he didn’t win! We had a great time visiting with Jared and Jeanna, but sure missed Tate.  We love being with the Hill’s and never  see them often enough.  Saturday night we barely crawled into bed before we fell asleep.

Sunday morning Kolt got to rearrange ours and the neighbor’s horses before church.  Joe Davidson had his farewell talk and did excellent.  We got to sit by Jacob Shipton and Zack Pickering.  It was good to see some friends that we graduated with.  Kolt taught the Sunday school lesson.  We played a scripture/Priesthood trivia game.  The kids have really been struggling with knowing the scriptures.  We hope they learned a lot, especially things that will help the kids in engage in discussion during the lessons.  We ended Relief Society with just opening exercises, so that we could make it to the Worldwide Leadership Training meeting.  What a neat time for missionaries.  We are so excited for the changes that are being made and are excited for what it means for Tyler.










No comments:

Post a Comment