Monday, June 17, 2013

False Alarm & Elder Lindley leaves

Another week has passed! Tomorrow I will be 37 weeks, which means this baby is finally full term.   I am still feeling the morning sickness, but it comes all of the sudden and doesn’t usually last all day, so I can handle that.  He has been a little less active because he is filling up my whole stomach.  We thought we were going to have a baby Friday.  Friday morning we woke up and I had lost a lot of fluid.  We waited a while, called the doctor, and then finally decided to go to the hospital.  The nurse thought I had definitely broken my water, and she started preparing us for delivery, explaining the process to us.  We were pretty overwhelmed, but finally got our heads wrapped around it as she brought back a negative amniotic fluid test.  We were pretty bummed when they dismissed us because we were ready for this baby.  There were a few good things that came from checking at the hospital though—we listened to the baby’s heart beat for almost 3 hours and he is responding well to the contractions.  I was also able to finally identify contractions.  The monitors showed very mild contractions happening every minute.  We had an appointment this morning where they redid the fluid test which came back positive again.  I am also measuring about a week ahead, so we are relieved that my water is not broke and the baby is doing well. The wait continues!

Monday evening I was really ambitious about walking and starting some contractions.  I followed Kolt around the field while he was irrigating for about 2 hours.  I was completely worn out by the time he finished.  We had a good time talking and enjoying the last few times we have together before this baby comes! We stopped by Rope and Brand’s Driving 4-H just as it was finishing!

Tuesday Tyler got up early and went irrigating with Kolt.  Kolt really enjoyed talking with Tyler and also enjoyed his help.  During Kolt’s lunch break, Tyler & he saw a Gatorade drinking contest on Sports center and were sure they could beat the record time of 4.5 seconds.  They tried twice; Tyler got around 6 seconds and Kolt got about 8.  They thought that was pretty fun.  Tyler got set apart Tuesday night.  He has been pretty excited to serve a mission.  The extra hormones made it a little bit hard to see my baby brother all grown up! We had some yummy refreshments afterwards and a good visit with family.  Wednesday we got up early to say goodbye to Tyler.  He sure looked like a missionary!

Thursday we took Charlie out to Rope & Brand’s Working Ranch 4-H Meeting.  Kolt helped the kids practice roping.  He was glad to have a few minutes to work on Chex too.  I had a fun time with Charlie.  Kolt and I sang the ABC’s to him on the way home.  He looked at us kinda funny and then repeated it completely audible all the way to the letter P.  He also knew all the parts of the body I asked him.  When we got to 4-H, Grandpa Piquet gave him an Idaho Spud which is wouldn’t set down for anything. He thought it was pretty cool to try to pet the steers.  He kept picking up dirt and letting it blow out his hands.  He thought that was pretty fun, until he found a big clump of dirt! As soon as I saw him and realized what it was, I shouted, “Charlie, that’s not dirt! It’s horse manure!” He thought that was pretty gross after I said that, and he stopped picking up dirt! I got to take Charlie home and see Kevin and Ashley’s new house.  It is beautiful, and it looks like they love it!

I was happy to have the day off Saturday, but Kolt worked all week.  During the day, I made Grandma Lindley’s special Peanut Blossoms.  They were delicious.  At the same time, I flipped through the Lindley cookbook and found my cousin, Erica’s, recipe for Blonde Brownies and decided I had better try those too.  I had just a little bit of a sweet tooth!  We went to Taylor Tolbert’s reception at the Rose River Reception Center with my mom and dad on Saturday night.  It was a beautiful reception, and Taylor & Mack looked so happy.  They had a Sundae bar; Kolt kept asking why we didn’t do that at our reception! 

Sunday I taught our Sunday school lesson.  We learned about how our scripture study skills can help us learn about the Priesthood. Thanks to lots of help from Kolt, it came together somewhat.  I gave them each time to make a list of the duties of the Priesthood from the Doctrine & Covenants, and then we made a combined list on the board.  Then I gave them each a scripture reference to a familiar story from the scriptures and asked them to stand up, tell the story, teach the lesson, and bear testimony.  We were a little short on time, so it didn’t do exactly as I had envisioned, but I think it will be a good idea for another week.  We had a yummy Father’s Day dinner at Kolt’s parents, Shepard’s Pie, a yummy strawberry/lemon cookie salad, watermelon, and rolls.  Kolt and I got his dad a movie, Pure Country, which we started after dinner.  We headed up to Sugar City a little later to visit Grandpa & Grandma Dalling.  Grandpa was glad we came; he said if guests wanted to watch the Spurs v. Heat, he could watch it. So we all watched the first half together.  Then Kolt and my mom went out and started a game of basketball outside with my cousins.  Kolt had a blast and came home pretty sweaty.

We are excited to celebrate our great fathers yesterday.  I got Kolt his first Father’s Day gift.  He got 2 new pairs of jeans he’s been needing, his favorite hair gel, and a new shirt.  I thought it was a pretty good Father’s Day.  






No comments:

Post a Comment