Where have the last 3 months gone? Here's the Reader's Digest Version of the past couple months...
School has officially finished for the semester. Kolt and I finished our last finals this week
and are very happy to finish the year.
The best part of school being over is that I’m finally getting around to
writing a family letter again. Kolt says
the family “letter” is going to have to be a family “novel” to catch us up for
the past few months, so sorry for the length! I’m trying to cover everything we
have been doing the past few months.
The week before Easter was spring break for us! We spent the week off up at Gaylen and Susan
Stucki’s house. Gaylen and Susan were
out of town for the week, so Kolt and I stayed at the house and calved. We had 8 calves over the week including a set
of twins. Kolt and I had a great time
staying there for the week. I worked at
the Post Register every week. Kolt fed
and watched the calves and rode the horses that he is breaking. He rode Ike from his house up to Gaylen’s to
stay there for the week. The 3 mile ride
hardly fazed Ike at all. We enjoyed
staying just down the road from Kolt’s parents for the week. We had a great time visiting with Kolt’s Aunt
Kolleen on Monday night.
On Thursday during our week off, we drove down to Provo at
about 12 with Tyler and my mom. We
stopped by Uncle Corey and Aunt Janis’s house and visited with Megan and her
new baby Blake. He is so cute and made
me so excited to have a boy! We even got to walk to the park and watch my
cousin Brady play tennis. After tennis,
we drove to BYU and watched the Men’s Volleyball game. They won in 4. It was Kolt’s first BYU game; he was pretty
amazed at how big they were and how hard they hit. We drove back late that night to check on
cows. I stayed up all the way until
Blackfoot, and then I crashed. Thank
goodness Kolt was awake!
We celebrated Easter on Saturday at Aunt Karla’s annual
Easter party. We had a great lunch and
then started the festivities. The
highlight of the day is the adult Easter egg hunt. Neither Kolt nor I got the golden egg, but
we got a good handful of candy! Brand was nice enough to come hold my bag after
about 30 seconds. It’s a lot of work
hunting for eggs!
Work at the Post Register has been good. Our ad layout specialist got a new job in
Provo starting in April, so I took on the ticket entry portion of her job. It made work a little busier over the past
month, but it has been good for me to put in the hours and came at a good time
for me. My boss is very good about
letting me do homework while I am there and always makes sure I am caught up on
my classwork. We have now hired
a new girl Beth, and so things have been much slower now. I got to switch desks a couple weeks
ago. My boss thinks this desk will give
me more room for the baby this summer.
She keeps reminding me to bring him in with me when I come back to
work. I’ve heard she loves holding them
in her office. I think this little boy
will be spoiled. I do love my new desk
though. There is much more space, and
it’s quite a bit quieter.
We
enjoyed listening to General Conference last month. I challenged myself to write down a few
questions before listening and found that all the talks were directed towards
me. It’s amazing how quickly you find
answers when you pin point exactly what you want to know. I have been quite overwhelmed about being a
parent, but conference helped me understand that by simply doing gospel things,
we can be great parents. Attending the
temple, regular prayer and scripture study, and listening to the Spirit have
become my new goals.
My
awesome sister-in-law offered to throw me a baby shower. She only requested that we have it in April
before her baby was due. Of course, I
picked the day her little girl was born! Paisley Pearl Harris was born on April
20th. Talk about horrible
timing! Or perfect timing! I’m so grateful for my amazing mother-in-law who put
everything together just perfectly! I had an awesome baby shower and have so
much support. I am so grateful for all
my friends and family who support me. We
played a few baby games and had some yummy treats! That night, we visited Miss
Paisley. She has been in the NICU for
almost 3 weeks. She just keeps making
progress. We are so happy for Shauna and
Landon and are excited to get Miss Pearl home!
Kolt
has really loved riding horses this spring.
He put a lot of thought into buying a horse. My parents needed someone to eat down their
pasture, and Kolt really enjoys working with horses. He has been looking for the right horse for
months and finally picked one out a few weeks ago. We bought a 5-year old sorrel gelding named
Chex. He has been ridden, but not much
in the past year. He has quite a temper
and is a little flighty, but Kolt is sure that will be gone after he is done
with him this summer. We are hoping to
make a lot of progress on him this summer and then re-sell him before
winter. The day after we picked him up
in Burley, we went for a horseback ride.
I couldn’t stand to be left behind this time, so I asked Kolt if we
could borrow his dad’s horse. He was
super mellow and did exactly what I needed.
It was a very smooth ride! Chex did great also. He had a couple of moments where he wanted to
buck, but then settled right down. Rope
was nice enough to take a picture of us too!
Since our ride, Kolt has trimmed him, buttered him up with grain, and
washed him. He is coming right along!
I also finished the women’s volleyball league up in
Rexburg. Our team won! I had an awesome
time playing and was excited when they wanted me to set. I also played on a team in Jackson, WY. It was so good to see Candace, Jocelyn, and
Makayla! I just don’t see them enough!
Our baby is growing
perfectly! We are now 31 weeks along and only have 2 months left! I am started
to look very pregnant or as Rope says “about ready to pop”! I’ve been feeling a
lot better. I still have moments of
morning sickness but am doing better at fighting it. I have had a lot of back pain and am learning
that I have limits and can’t do everything I want to do. Kolt has to help me do a lot of things I would
rather just do myself, but now can’t.
Sleeping is starting to be a chore with frequent bathroom breaks and
lots of switching sides to get comfortable.
I am getting very anxious for July!


No comments:
Post a Comment