Monday, May 20, 2013

To My Son

Dear Baby Boy,

You are officially 33 weeks grown; that means you only have 7 weeks left until we get to meet you!  Your dad and I are very excited to meet you.  Most of all, I am excited to get you out of my tummy.  You are a little over 4 lbs. this week and already 17 inches long.  Wow! I can’t believe you are inside of my stomach right now.  Your dad and I are so proud of you and how well you have grown.  Every time we go to the doctor, she tells us you are measuring perfectly.  That’s right—my son is perfect already!
I want you to know that I love you very much.  Even though I have been sick for most of the last 7 months, I love you and am so glad you are going to join our family in less than 2 months.  I am mostly over the morning sickness, although this summer heat makes it come back really fast!  I have a hard time getting comfortable at night because you are so wiggly.  You have a special way of jamming your feet up into my ribs and making it very hard to relax.  You are so good to kick for your daddy.  Anytime I tell him to put his hand on my belly, you kick and kick.  He loves feeling that and says he is jealous that I get to be with you all day and not him.
I also am one of the lucky moms who have stretch marks.  I think that’s because you grew so much SO quickly, and you are always moving and stretching me to the max.  We got some awesome ultrasound pictures.  You have the cutest chubby cheeks.  You were so nice to turn toward us and show us your face, but you kept your hands and a foot in between your legs, so we couldn’t see anything that confirmed you were a boy! You better still be a boy—we have all boy clothes now!
I am so nervous to be your mom.  I keep asking your dad if he thinks I am ready to be a mom.  He always replies with the exact same thing, “No, you’re not ready! But in 2 months, you will be.”  I hope he is right.  I can’t wait to be your mommy, and I promise I will do the very best that I can.
I love you.

Mommy
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment