Thursday, May 16, 2013

It's Officially Our Summer


We are still celebrating the end of the spring semester.  We received our final grade for the semester last night.  Kolt did very well, and I made it through! We have had several adventures over the past week(s).  We started by going to my friend Candace Clifford’s bridal shower on April 27th.  Jocelyn put on a great shower.  Kolt and I left as soon as my volleyball tournament ended, and he sat in the car while I hit the end of the party.  We stayed at the Clifford’s Saturday night, and then left early Sunday for Dani Hardy’s farewell.  Dani and I served in the Relief Society presidency together in Rock Springs while I was at Western.  She is the sweetest girl.  She often calls and leaves sweet voicemails and knows just how to make my day.  She spoke very well on Sunday.   We had a nice dinner at her house and then made time to run over to the Leum’s to drop off a gift for Ashlee’s graduation and introduce them to Kolt.  The Leum’s were my adopted parents when I was at Western also.  We had a long drive that afternoon to get home, but Kolt and I really enjoyed the chance to visit.

Candace got married on Wednesday, May 1st.  Kolt and I left classes a little early to go down to her sealing in the Salt Lake Temple.  We were so glad to meet up perfectly with Mark and Jocelyn.  Kolt had lost his wallet in the arena the night before, so we had to get special permission from the bishop to attend the sealing.  The sealing was beautiful.  Candace looked stunning.  The sealer did an excellent job; this was the first sealing I’ve attended other than my own.  It was so nice to hear the things that were said.  After the sealing, we took pictures outside the temple.  It was a windy May day, but we had fun talking with Jocelyn and Mark.  We then went to a dinner put on by Justin’s parents.  It was delicious.  Kolt and I left a little early to get home sooner, but we were so glad Candace and Justin came to visit with us during dinner.  I am so happy for them and their choice to be married in the temple where they are now sealed together forever.
On the 4th, I had my last volleyball tournament at Snake River High School.  I had such a fun time with the girls; they have improved so much and always had so much energy.  I will definitely miss these girls, but am glad I will have the chance to follow them in the next few years.

We are excited that Kolt’s niece Paisley is home from the NICU.  She seems to be doing very well and just keeps growing and growing.  She is in the 2nd percentile for weight and head size and just keeps trucking along.  I think her parents and grandparents love having her home.

Kolt got called to be the Institute Vice President for the Idaho State University-IF Campus.  He is quite excited to start.  We had a really nice dinner for the ASISU Awards night.  It was nice to visit with Brother Toone, who is now moving up to the Institute Area President.  Brother Seedall is now the new Institute President.  We are excited to start the summer semester with him.  We also had a great BBQ at Freeman Park on Saturday.  I practiced my cooking skills and made macaroni salad.  The highlight of the BBQ was almost attending it twice; Kolt and I got the date mixed up and tried to go Friday night first.  When we found out it was on Saturday, we went back home and picked up Tyler for a date night at Winger’s.  We are enjoying every minute we can with him before he leaves on June 12th. 

I got called to teach the 12-year old Sunday school with Kolt.  His partner, Malin Reynolds, got moved to a new position.  Kolt does a really good job teaching.  I decided I would help by bringing the treats and handouts.  It’s only been one week, but the Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars were a hit.  We taught about Learning from the Living Prophets this week.  The handout was the 14 Fundamentals of Following the Prophet.  I love how much emphasis it puts on following our current latter day prophet.

I have been working hard to clean out our office to make room for the baby.  I have sure held on to a lot of things.  We had a fun time cleaning out some old boxes of school work.  Kolt and I laughed and laughed as we read a couple of 4th grade writing assignments.  I wrote about my favorite dog Daisy and how annoying it is when she scratches on the door.  I also wrote about my favorite place in the world, Uncle Corey and Aunt Janis’s house.  I described every floor of the house and then talked about playing with my cousins.  I even mentioned the time Buddy ate my sock.  What a simple life we lived when we were younger! I enjoyed the flash from the past!

On Thursday, I took my last final at 7:30 AM at Pocatello.  I stayed the day at the school until Natalie and my mom came down with Tyler.  He threw the shot put at ISU for District Track and then played tennis at Century High School.  He qualified for State in both.  We are so excited for him.  He is doing very well; I especially love watching him play tennis.
We got some awesome ultrasound pictures at Mountain View last Monday.  The baby was in the perfect place with his head down.  He was so well-behaved that he even turned his face towards the ultrasound machine.  We got lots of good shots of his face.  The ultrasound tech told us he is definitely bald.  He was going to confirm gender, but our little boy had his hands and a foot between his legs.  Guess he’s a modest kid already! We are so excited to meet him and his cute chubby cheeks!
 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment