Kason hit the 9-weeks old this week! He has been so happy this week. He is eating between 5-6 ounces at a feeding which I think attributes to his increased pleasant time during the day! We are working on the doctor’s recommendation of 10-15 minutes of tummy time 2-3 times a day. He stretches out his legs and arches his back the whole time which wears him out and then he gets fussy, but it is obvious he is getting stronger. He loves playing with his jungle play mat. He is just exploring touching the toys, but is very skilled and kicking his toys. He is content to lay for 45 minutes just talking and kicking his toys. We added a toy to his carseat which has helped him learn to use his hands. He doesn’t grab the toys yet, but is learning to swat at them! He has also learned to smile! He gives out his smiles freely to anyone who will talk to him. He smiled at the couple behind us at church this week and has now earned the reputation of a “flirt”! He is still sleeping about 6 hours. Last Sunday, he randomly slept 8 hours which was shocking and great all at the same time! We haven’t done that since, but we do get a good 6 hours when we feed him full and wear him out in the evenings. Kason did great with Grandma Lindley on Tuesday/Thursday and Grandma Piquet on Thursday evening. Grandpa Piquet got a great picture of Kason smiling!
This week has been a busy week of classes, work and shadowing doctors. Kolt is still shadowing Urologist Dr. Peter Cannon. He is learning a lot and really appreciates Dr. Cannon taking the time to introduce Kolt to the patient’s condition before they go into the room. He also started shadowing our Family Doctor Dr. Boyd Southwick today. He just called with LOTS to tell me. I really enjoy listening to the things that he has learned from Dr. Southwick especially with his Pediatric patients. Dr. Southwick advised that all nursing mothers should get the flu shot. He also advised those that are in close daily contact with the baby get the flu shot as well, especially if they are not immunized. I think I will be getting the flu shot when it comes at the end of the month!
School is starting to get busy. Kolt had his first exam this week which didn’t go as well as he had hoped. He is glad to have some friends in his Physics class, including Breanne Loftus and my cousin, Jeremy Dalling. My school is having a slow start. Well, at least I am having a slow start! As soon as this first exam happens, I think I will kick it in gear. I am finding it hard to be motivated to study when I am home with Kason on the weekends. It is much more fun to get smiles out of Kason than studying! It has been such a blessing to still be able to take Kason to work with me. He is a pretty good sport most times, and my co-workers are very understanding! Work has started to slow down now that I am caught up, and I’m able to get my work done quickly.
Monday evening Kolt and I went to life insurance meeting with Eric Velasquez from New York Life. We were pretty skeptical about going in but decided to go because we had been advised to go by several people. We had a great meeting, learning that Eric was LDS and had 4 kids, the last child who was 4 months and the same size as Kason! We are excited to start up a policy in the next little bit.
Tuesday evening I went and accompanied the YW of our ward while they practiced a musical number at mutual. They are singing As Sisters in Zion/We’ll Bring the World His Truth. It is one of my favorite musical numbers. I found myself thinking of Tyler as they practiced the boys part. I’m so grateful that Tyler chose to serve a mission and is setting an example for many. Tuesday evening we also ran out to pick up some snow tires for Kolt’s car. We are so glad that Kolt’s dad found a good deal on them!
We had a good week of volleyball. I changed our lineup at the end of last week and told the girls to come back with it learned. They did a great job, and we had a couple of good days of practice before we played Hillcrest on Wednesday. They played really well, and I was happy that I made the change. We finally started hitting the ball well, thanks to some better defense and serve receive. I sat on the bench with the varsity for the first time this year. Kolt ran out to watch Rope’s football team win, and my parents watched Kason. It was the first time I had seen the varsity play, and I learned that I do miss watching good volleyball as well as playing. We played 2-on-2 on Thursday after our game. I jumped in to play to make even numbers. I got humbled a little bit when I got 4th place out of 10, getting beat by two 6th graders and a freshman on the team. That was the first time I had played competitively since March. It’s amazing what having a baby and taking time off does to your game! It’s time to kick it in gear!
Saturday morning Kolt and I went to the 7 o-clock session at the temple. I love going to the temple, and I’m grateful for my mom for watching him. We usually get a cinnamon roll from the temple and call it a date for the week. I love spending time with Kolt and am so grateful I have such a great husband. We did a 20-minute sealing session for the first time as well. We spent our day doing homework and then going up with my parents to see Kristi’s new baby Kylen. He is such a tiny baby, and I learned just how big Kason is! He looks just like his mommy! We have also spent some time with Kamrie this weekend. She is such a happy baby. We did some grocery shopping Pocatello and then took my parents to dinner at Golden Corral while we were there.
Sunday morning Kolt spoke in the Spanish Branch with Brother Seedall. Natalie, Brady & Brooke came to sit with us since we were in their building. We also sat by Kyler & Hailey Arave. Kolt did a great job; I listened to a translator, so I could understand what he was saying. The translator was a girl that I worked with at Chuck-a-Rama. We talked to lots of people after the meeting including the King’s and the Garcia’s. There were so many nice people that complimented Kolt on his talk and his beautiful Spanish. I am now worried we are going to get a calling in the Spanish branch although it would be a great to help me learn Spanish! Kolt also spoke with a lady who is from Veracruz, where Kolt served his mission.
We had the Primary Program in our ward. I always enjoy watching the children sing. There were some beautiful musical numbers, including an arrangement of Joseph Smith’s First Prayer. Kolt taught the Sunday School lesson about Agency and the blessings that come from choosing to keep the commandments. We had a great lesson in Relief Society about being unified. I set some goals to be better at reaching out to the sisters in the ward. Jeanna took Kason for Relief Society, and it was so nice being able to listen to the lesson! After church, we went out to Shauna and Landon’s house for Sunday dinner. We had delicious Chicken Cordon Blue, stuffing, Banana Cream Salad, and mashed potatoes and gravy. I brought Grandma Lindley’s Pretzel Crunch Salad. Everything tasted SO good! We watched The Host after dinner. It was a great movie! I’m still trying to figure everything out! I am so grateful that we live close to our families. What a blessing our families are!













No comments:
Post a Comment