We are entering into a beautiful fall in Idaho Falls. We sure enjoy this time of year, including the many football games! We were sad to watch BYU lose on Saturday evening, but excited that Bonneville won the Civil War on Friday night. Kolt, Kason and I went to most of the game. We sat by the Harrigfeld’s, Shenton’s, Brother Martin, & the Hill’s. We sure are lucky to have such good friends! The weather was great for Kason, but we left in the 3rd quarter to feed. Thankfully, Bonneville had locked in the win by then.
Kason is officially 10 weeks old! He is still quite a big
boy. People ask us regularly if he is 4 or 5 months old! He is getting stronger
with his head and enjoys looking around. He is very friendly and loves to
be held. He will smile at anyone, although he smiles a lot at his parents
and grandparents. He has been pretty congested this week; it sometimes
upsets his stomach and causes his to spit up quite a bit. You can tell
when he gets frustrated about not being able to breathe because he lets out a
frustrated sigh every once in a while. He still smiles and smiles though
despite not being able to breathe through his nose! He is starting to grow out
of his bassinet! He almost touches one end with his head and the other pushing
off with his toes. We had a lull in his great sleeping routine, but finally got
him back to sleeping 5-6 hours by the end of the week. It sure makes going to
class difficult when he doesn’t sleep at nights! He is a great baby in the gym,
listening to all the noises and sleeping in his stroller. We are truly blessed
to have such an easy-going baby while we are both in school. Heavenly Father
definitely blesses us when we follow promptings.
Wednesday night after classes, work and volleyball, we went
to Rope & Brand’s football games at Stinger field. They both won;
Rope easily beat the other Rocky Mountain team, but Brand played a tough game
against Rigby. It was definitely the coldest night of the week; Kason was
bundled tight and tucked away in his stroller for most of the game, but it got
cold enough that we had to leave early. We missed Grandma Piquet, who
hurt her back this week, but were glad to have Grandma Lindley join us for the
games! Kason looked so cute in his football onesie, pacifier, and hat!
We are trucking along in school and work. Work has
been fairly slow this week, but is resuming this week as I print checks
again. School is going to start taking off as Kolt and I both have exams
this week. Kolt described his semester as a struggle to “stay afloat.”
Grandma Lindley wasn’t feeling well on Thursday, so Aunt Natalie watched Kason
while I went to class. I was lucky to only have one class on both Tuesday
and Thursday. Natalie is an awesome help, and we sure appreciate her
willingness to help whenever we need her! Kolt has also been working with JJ
most evenings. He doesn't spend very long, but enjoys running out and
doing a few exercises with him for 15 minutes or 45 minutes, however much time
he has. He is getting very good at training horses. He has had to
turn down several people who have asked him to work with their horses, not
because he doesn't want to, but because he just doesn't have the time. It
is such a blessing for Kolt to have a way to earn money while being a full-time
student.
Volleyball is going well. We played Highland and Shelley on
Thursday. Aunt Shauna was a lifesaver! She came to the game and watched
Kason for me while I coached. Shauna is so great to help whenever we
need. We are SO grateful for her! We beat Highland first, but I had to go to my
night class during the second match. I’m so grateful for Mandi Keck who coached
the match against Shelley. They lost in 3, but Mandi says they played
well and listened to her coaching. I was glad to see Jill Searle and her
daughters, Chelsea and Savannah. It sure made me reflect on my high school
experiences and definitely made me miss Kylee Sessions!
The Accounting Department hosted a Mandatory Accouting
Symposium at ISU on Friday. Kason stayed with Shauna for the day because
Kolt was volunteering at Dr. Cannon’s office. Although I was skeptical,
it was a great day. They provided breakfast and lunch while giving us the
opportunity to interact personally with professionals from around this side of
the country. Many were looking for interns and people to fill
positions. I really had a good conversation with the representatives from
the Moss Adama Eugene office as well as a lady from Deloitte who has 3 children.
They helped me know that being an accountant is also a mom-friendly job with
much flexibility. It is good to know that my career has many options and
will work with my family. I also enjoyed getting to know some of my
classmates a little better.
Early Saturday morning Kolt went to help his dad get ready
for the Foothill Ward High Priest Group Meeting, and I helped my dad in the
garden. It is sure nice to be outside; I realized I have missed being
outside this summer with having Kason. At 10:00 AM Kolt and I went to the
ISU LDSSA Institute Softball Social. Kolt is the Institute President at
ISU University Place, so he has been doing a lot of work to get it together.
We had a good time playing softball while a cute lady, Teresa, watched
Kason. The party went smoothly, and I enjoyed meeting Kolt’s friends who
he has talked about a lot. We then went back out to Piquet’s to finish
preparing for the party. They put up a big tent and made a delicious meal
of Pork, potatoes and tossed salad along with desserts brought by
everyone. I was grateful for Angela and Shauna who helped watch Kason
while I locked myself in the bedroom and did this week’s lecture for my online
class.
Sunday as usual was a great day. We had a pretty low-key
morning. We went to choir practice before church, and I played the
organ. Kolt does a great job with Kason while I play. Kolt taught
the Sunday School lesson about helping other understand our standards.
Each of the class members read a quote from a talk about a specific standard,
such as honesty, choosing good friends and modesty. They then explained
to me, a non-member, why they follow those commandments. Kolt showed a
really neat video centered about Elaine S. Dalton’s conference talk, Return to
Virtue. It was really neat to watch, and instantly brought the
Spirit. I played the piano for the Young Men and Young Women while they
practiced their musical number in a couple of weeks. Somehow my mom took
Kason while also teaching the Relief Society. I’m so thankful for Heidi
Gummow who helped! My mom taught from the talk Marriage: Watch and Learn.
She had 5 sisters come and talk about their marriages and how they tried to do
what Elder Clayton instructed. The sisters each said some neat things
that inspired me to improve my marriage. Kolt and I enjoyed talking about
the lessons after church. We had a nice dinner with the Lindley’s after
church. Kolt took Evan, Nathan & Saydie out on the trampoline and
visited JJ. He is so good with his nieces and nephews, and they sure love
him. We are so grateful for the gospel and the many blessings we are given each
and every day.







No comments:
Post a Comment