We are in the middle of the hardest rain/hail storm I’ve ever
seen! It is coming down pretty hard! This week’s highlight was Kolt’s 22nd
Birthday. He had quite the week! Last
year, I dropped the ball on his birthday and didn’t get him anything, so this
year I decided I had better make up for it by giving him a few different gifts. We had a busy day Wednesday, so we had to
celebrate his birthday at a few different times. It started with Kason getting his shots
Wednesday morning that he didn’t love. I’ll
talk more about that later!
Wednesday afternoon Kolt, Kason and I went to lunch at Kolt’s
favorite place, Sizzler. We had a really
nice dinner, and Kason slept straight through it. Kason and I gave him a car charger and wall
charger for his phone, as well as a tie hanger for his closet that he had been
asking for. We rushed to our volleyball
game; the girls played well for losing a player and learning a new rotation,
but we ended up losing to Idaho Falls.
We fed Kason and then hurried out to Brand’s game at Rocky Mountain. They won a close game against Eagle
Rock. Brand wasn’t feeling very well,
but he played great and his team needed him.
After the game, Kolt’s dad gave him a present. He got new stirrups, a shirt to wear riding,
and some new reins that he had been wanting! He was so excited. I surprised him again with a picture of his
Grandpa Piquet’s Paint Horse Stagecoach Hitch.
Kolt loves this picture and talks about it regularly, so with the help
of my awesome mom, we got it ordered and framed. I figured we needed this picture in our
house, so that our kids can see it when Kolt talks about it! He loved it and it
was a great surprise. I was pretty proud
of myself for thinking of something Kolt would really like.
The birthday celebration continued. Friday evening we went
to dinner with my parents at Applebees.
I surprised Kolt again with a new black suit that he needed. He had been wearing one with holes in it from
his mission. It was a good surprise, and
he wore it Sunday! Saturday we went out to Kolt’s parents’ house. We hit Subway for lunch and then had an
awesome “Better than Anything” birthday cake that Shauna made! It was delicious! Shauna and Landon gave Kolt
some slobber straps for his reins that he loves. They are so awesome to surprise him with
something he had been wanting! Kolt then went with his dad, Shauna, Landon,
Brand & Rope riding up in Harriman.
The ride was a total adventure.
It started by almost getting rained out. Kolt’s dad asked him to ride
his half lingers, and he got bucked off, landing on the only lava rock in the meadow. He hit his face and collar bone and is pretty
sore. The other half linger got loose in the midst of it all. Long story short, they got home at almost 2
AM, and Kolt says he won’t be riding anymore half lingers. We have been joking that he almost died on
his birthday horseback ride! We are glad everyone got home okay! Happy Birthday to Kolt! Thank you for being a
great husband and father!
The other highlight of the week was Kason’s 2-month doctor’s
appointment. Kason weighed 14 lbs. 9 oz.
and measured 26 inches long. He is a
growing boy, ranking 99% in height and 94% in weight. His head was in the 82% percentile. The doctor says he is looking great and is
great at holding up his head at this age.
He also got his immunizations, 3 shots in one leg, one in the other, and
one oral. Thank goodness I had my mom
there to help me while Kolt had class.
We stood on each side of Kason while they gave him his shots! He was a
trooper, screaming pretty good, but settling down shortly after. He slept almost 7 hours afterwards. In the middle of the night on Wednesday, he
woke up screaming, and I could tell he was burning up. He had a fever of 101, but we got some
Tylenol in him quickly and he finally fell back asleep. It was a bit of a
scare, but he is doing great now! He has started to find some new sounds this
week and loves talking while he lies on the floor. He is starting to like his jungle mat. He has also found his hands and likes to suck
on his fist! Kason keeps working on tummy time and is stretching out his legs
and neck on his belly. He has officially
grown out of his 0-3 pajamas. He kept
getting frustrated when I put them on, and he couldn’t stretch out his legs all
the way! He is sure in a fun time with all the smiles!
On Labor Day, I picked up a booth shift for the Post Register
at the fair. We drove down there just to
find that they had shut down the booth for the day due to rain. For volunteering to work, we got tickets to the
Gem State Pro Rodeo, so we decided to go back home, take a nap, leave Kason at
home with my parents, and then hit the rodeo.
We went in time to get some food and walk around. We had some yummy food which is always the
highlight of the fair! We had a fun time with Kristi, Bryant and Kamrie at the
rodeo! It is always a blast going out with family! The weather ended up being
better than we thought it would, and we were wishing we had brought Kason.
We had a good week of school and work. I pushed back a couple things at work for Kolt’s
birthday. I ran out of time on Wednesday
and Thursday to finish the checks. I
ended up talking Kason and Kolt into the Post Register after my night class at
9:30 PM and finishing checks. It was nice to have my 2 boys with me while I
finished!
On Friday morning Kolt went to work for Dr. Cannon. He was able to use his Spanish this week with
a guy who didn’t speak English. I went
out to Shauna’s house before work to watch Paisley while they went to Lee Harris’
sealing. Paisley and Kason were a breeze
and even slept so I could get some homework done! Paisley is sure a cute girl!
She is still a bit smaller than Kason, but is definitely more developed than
Kason and loves sitting up and looking around all the time, a new thing for me!
When she woke up, Paisley could not figure out why Kason was still asleep! Friday evening Kolt and I went to the
Bonneville football game against IF. We
didn’t get there until the 2nd quarter and it started to rain before
half, so we were only there for about 30 minutes! Bummer! Kason was sure cute
though with his football hat and onesie!
Saturday evening I went to Jocelyn Hobbs’ baby shower. She is having a boy too! There were lots of
nice ladies to help with Kason. I sure
love being with Jocelyn, and I’m so excited for her to get baby Paxton here!
She got lots of awesome gifts! I gave her a couple of cute orange outfits! My
parents were able to go up to Rexburg with me and visit Grandma Dalling while I
was at the shower.
On Sunday morning we went to Brandon Craig’s mission
report. It was fun to see our friends
from high school. He did a great job and
was definitely a representative of Christ.
We went to lunch at his house and had a good visit with Kyler &
Hailey Arave, Trevor Empey, Zach Pickering, and Jacob Shipton. Kolt taught the Sunday School lesson about
keeping the commandments and how we practice being with the Savior every
day. We also had a good lesson in Relief
Society about being committed to the gospel and fulfilling our callings, no
matter what they are. After church, we went
to dinner at Natalie & Brady’s.
Brady’s family was in town, so it was fun to get all the families
together and visit with the Coulston’s. We
are so grateful for family and love them very much!









you are the best lady!! Pais is lucky to have you for an aunt!!!
ReplyDelete