Monday, September 30, 2013

1-Year Anniversary--IF Volleyball Tournament--Baby Shower



First, Kason’s updates—Kason is now 11-weeks old, almost 3 months! He is still growing like a weed. He has slept 8 hours for the past 3 nights!! I hope it continues because it has been GREAT! He is quite interactive now.  He loves the teddy bears that rotate on the mobile on his bassinet.  Last night he was squealing and swatting at them for almost 30 minutes.  Today I caught him with the toys on his bouncer in his hand! He is starting to hit quite a few of the 3 month milestones.  He smiles at anyone who will talk to him.  He is very content to sit and watch and usually falls asleep by himself. He spits up quite a bit after feedings.  He is also growing a little bump on one of his nipples which the doctor says is very normal! Leave it to his mother to worry about those little things!




The Piquet family has had another great week! It was filled with class, physician shadowing, work, and volleyball.  Kolt and I both had 2 exams this week, which we are anxiously awaiting results on.  Kolt is almost finished shadowing Dr. Cannon and is going to start shadowing Tyson Parker, a Physician’s Assistant, at Family First Medical Center.  Kolt and I also got the flu shot this week, desperately trying to avoid the flu this year!


We had a busy volleyball week, playing Rigby on Wednesday, having team pictures on Thursday, and then a tournament on Friday and Saturday.  On Wednesday, Shauna and Kolt’s mom came and picked up Kason and took him to Kolt’s cousin, Jessica Beck’s baby shower.  We beat Rigby in 3 and then I hurried over to the party.  I found out that Jessica’s husband, Tavann, has a sister who I worked with at the Post Register before she had her baby.  It was good to see Breylan Boyce! It was a cute baby shower, and Jessica looked fantastic! After the shower, Angela, Shauna, Paisley, Kason and I went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner.  I can’t even remember if I’ve ever been there before, but it was delicious! I love visiting with Angela and Shauna, and I was grateful Kason was a good baby for the evening.


Friday and Saturday my team played in the Idaho Falls Freshman Invitational.  We played really well on Friday, but lost our crossover early Saturday morning against Shelley, so we were in the Silver bracket for the afternoon.  We won the bracket easily and placed 5th overall.  It was a long volleyball day, but I was glad to have Kason and Kolt with me.  I’m so grateful for good moms to help with Kason during the games as well.  I really enjoy coaching with Kolt.  He always has good insights and helps me see things we need to improve on.  He is very level-headed and positive, but competitive, so we are a good team!
After we finished, we went over to Hillcrest to watch Bonneville varsity play in the championship.  I was so excited to see Makayla. She hadn’t seen Kason since he was born! I love Makayla so much and love being so close to her.  We talk almost every day and never miss a beat! After the game, Kolt and I went to JC Penny to use a coupon to get me some new jeans! We also got Kason a jacket for the cooler weather!  We ended the evening with dinner at Red Robin for our anniversary and stopped by Wal-Mart for some groceries before fainlly getting home.


Sunday morning we went to Kylen’s baby blessing in Pocatello.  It was a beautiful blessing, and we enjoyed seeing family.  Kristi and Bryant served delicious crepes for brunch! Kylen is such a cute little boy, and we were happy to be there on his blessing day.  We hurried back to Iona for our ward block.  I played the organ and Makayla watched Kason during church! I’m so glad her parents are in our ward, so I am sure to see them when they are here for the weekend, although it never seems like long enough!  Kolt taught the Sunday School lesson about inspiring others to follow the commandments.  We had a combined Relief Society/Priesthood meeting which my dad taught.  I enjoyed listening to how we can be “quick to observe” in many ways especially as we follow the pattern of General Conference.


Sunday evening Kolt and I got a new DVD player (to replace ours that broke a few weeks ago) and some chocolate cream puffs (Kolt’s favorite).  We also brought out a layer of our wedding cake and that we froze for our 1 year anniversary.  It definitely tasted better on our wedding day, but I had to try it! I can’t believe we have been married for a year! We have had so many adventures over this past year.  Our love has grown so much over the past year.  I can’t wait to celebrate many more anniversaries to come.  Kolt and I got creative and came up with the 12 Months of Marriage to highlight the big events from the first year of our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment