Kason’s Updates: Kason will be 16-months old tomorrow! His
new words this week are “Saydie” and “Baa” for a sheep sound. He is really good about trying to repeat lots
of words, although some don’t sound at all close to the actual word, and he
doesn’t usually say many words to others except for Mom and Dad. He loves animal books and knows lots of
animal sounds by heart. Teeth #13 and #14
broke through last night which explains his fussiness! He has had a rough time
sleeping at nights lately!
Baby girl is also
doing really well. It hit me this week that we will have a baby in our home in
8 short weeks. That’s going to fly by for us!
Monday my mom, Kason and I went to Twin Falls to watch WWCC’s
Volleyball team play CSI and mostly to visit with Makayla! Kolt stayed home for
class and work. We got there around noon. My mom took Kason around Twin Falls
with her, and I followed around on the bus with the team for the day. I loved
every minute of being with Makayla, and it was fun to reminisce in the memories
of playing for WWCC. It was definitely
worth the drive to see Makayla, and I’m so thankful for my mom for coming with
us, so we weren’t alone! WWCC lost to CSI in a tough 4-set match. Kason liked
playing with Bentley Bounds during the game. It was fun to also be Makayla’s
family and Chantal’s family during the day and at the game.
Tuesday Kason and I
went to choir. He loves to see Rope at Rocky Mountain. In the evening, we went
to the Ward Halloween Party. There were tons of people there! Kason enjoyed
walking the Primary parade with Kolt. He liked playing with the other kids and
looking at the costumes. After the
party, we went out to Kolt’s parents to process the meat. We all stayed up really late, which confirmed
why Kason has an early bedtime, as he did not sleep well at all that night!
Wednesday we had the Annual Piquet Pumpkin Carving
Party. We had yummy Taco Soup for dinner
and lots of other treats. Paisley and Kason
loved playing in the pumpkin guts with me on the floor. Paisley tried to pull out each seed
one-by-one, and Kason spent most of the time putting back all the guts we
cleaned out. They thought it was pretty
fun! We sure love that Halloween tradition!
Thursday evening Kolt and I went to the temple while my mom and
dad watched Kason. We have been meaning
to go to the temple for a long time and finally got there on Thursday. I sure love going to the temple. It always seems
like whatever things I am worrying about at the time go away when I am at the
temple, and I am filled with peace. After the temple, we stopped by the distribution
center and met a girl who just returned from Italy a month ago. She knew Tyler
very well, and it was great to visit with her!
On Friday, I spent
the whole day closing the month at work. Natalie watched Kason while Kolt had
class in the morning. After I got home,
we started our evening of trick-or-treating. We went to Klingler’s and Brammer’s
next door first! Then we went out to Grandpa & Grandma Staker’s. We were glad to see them just before they
leave for Arizona next Wednesday. Kason
ate all of the cookies Grandma gave him almost before we left. Kason also loved
Grandma’s rocking chair so much that he gave Kason one that he had made! He loves
it and sits in it for quite a while each day so far. It is beautiful! Thanks
for spoiling us, Grandpa Staker! Afterwards, we went out to Aunt Karla’s and
enjoyed visiting with her. We stopped at
Great Grandpa & Grandma Piquet’s afterwards and met Shauna, Grandpa,
Paisley, and Brand there. Our final stop
was out to Grandma Piquet’s. It was a great Halloween! Kason was such a cheese
throughout the whole night. I think he caught on to the candy thing, and
figured out if he smiled really big, he usually got something extra! He was an
adorable horse for Halloween!
On Saturday morning, Kolt went out to work on his experiment
for school with Rope. They ended up getting a flat tire, so Kason and I went to
rescue them. In the afternoon, we went for a horseback ride with my mom, Brooke,
Chantal, Alexis & Makayla Sorensen.
It was a great afternoon. I was worried about the weather, but it was
perfect in the mountains except for wind at the top of the mountain. Kason loved every minute of it. He rode with my
mom, and I took Brooke because she sits a little better on her own. Brooke soaked up every minute of the
ride. It was great to have our last
horseback ride before winter and before this baby comes. Kolt picked up a 7-11
shift on Saturday night. It actually worked out great for us. His work often
calls and “begs” for him to pick up shifts. When he told him what he could do,
they took him up on it. It was a nice 4-hour shift!
On Sunday morning I played
the organ, and Kolt taught the Sunday School lesson. During the first 10
seconds of Sacrament Meeting, Kason fell off the bench and hit his cheek on the
Hymnbook holder. He has a nice shiner! He did pretty good during nursery. They did come get me during Sunday school. He
didn’t really like it much when they started the lesson and put away the
toys. I sat with him during the lesson,
singing time, and snack time, then he did better when they started playing
again. After about 15 minutes, he
started falling asleep on the leader’s lap, so he came with me to Relief
Society for the last half hour. He must’ve been playing too hard! He just keeps
getting better and better each week though which is exciting for us.









No comments:
Post a Comment