Kason turned
16-months old this week! His new words are cheese, thank you, Roar, and snorts
for a pig sound. He is learning so much each week. He likes to try to draw with
cousin Brooke, and he is particular to hold the pencil just like he sees us do.
He loves playing with his cousins. This week he has been pretty sick getting
more teeth and started a cough and runny nose. It’s the time of year! Last week
at church he also took a header on the Hymnbook holder on the church
bench. He got a nice black eye and then
an infection in that eye on Tuesday. We
took him in on Wednesday to see if it was anything more. He didn’t eat anything
besides milk for about 18 hours. He has
been glued to his binky for the last week. He tested negative for strep, and we
were relieved to find out that although he hadn’t eaten anything, he was 28
pounds. The doctor said he is just
fighting through a bug, and he is already on the mend!
Baby girl is doing great! We listened to the heart beat this
week at our appointment. She has a fast heartbeat, much faster than Kason’s
ever was. The doctor said with the way
things are looking we can expect this baby at 39 weeks! It is hard to believe
we will have a baby in our house in 6 weeks.
Monday Kolt and I alternated watching Evan and Saydie. Kason
liked playing with them. Kolt worked in the
evening. Tuesday we voted on our way out to Grandpa Piquet’s birthday party. We
had Taco Salad and yummy birthday cake! We got Grandpa a DVD holder to hold all
of his DVDs. It was a hit! Happy Birthday, Grandpa!
Wednesday Kason and I played the piano at choir to help them
get ready for their concert on Friday. We had doctor’s appointments, and I
printed checks at work. Kolt played
basketball at the church on Tuesday and Wednesday night. He is really missed
it!
Thursday I had an
early morning work meeting. Kolt went to
class after the meeting, and then my mom took Kason with her to pick up
Saydie. Kason spent the evening with
Grandma Piquet. Over the weekend, Kolt
and I spent a few days housesitting at a ranch in Swan Valley. Kolt went up early on Thursday to check on
the animals, and Kason and I came up later in the evening. On Friday, Kolt was gone most of the day for
class and work. Kason and I stayed at
the house and checked on animals throughout the day. Kason loved being out
there. He soaked in every minute! On
Saturday, we had a great day together as a family. It was so nice to not have a schedule and
just spend time together. We explored the area and enjoyed the valley. I even planned meals and had groceries to
cook which I was pretty proud of! We are so glad we had the opportunity to do
that. We had a great time and felt like we were living the life.
Sunday morning we drove in to church. I played the organ in
Sacrament Meeting. Kason made progress on whispering today! We had a lot of
work to do in that department. Kolt taught the Sunday school lesson, and I taught the sunbeams. I’m
grateful for Grandpa & Grandma Lindley for taking Kason. I was glad when Kolt could join me for the
class half of Primary. After church, we
went back to check on cows and pack up.
We got home in time for dinner with the Lindley’s. It has been a great week.
This is a picture at Twin Falls last week that I forgot to include!

No comments:
Post a Comment