Thursday, August 1, 2013

Miss Cody Lee Joins Our Family

Kason has had another good week, hitting his 3 week birthday on Wednesday. We did an unofficial weigh in on the bathroom scale with his mom. It said 12 pounds even! Give or take a pound, he is obviously growing quite a bit. He has started to be a little fussy which we attribute to some tummy aches. I experimented by cutting back on my dairy intake, and he seems to beach happier. He is still very regular eating and is starting to eat more than I can feed. Friday night he nursed, drank 2 bottles that I had pumped earlier, nursed again, and then slept 7 hours. He hadn't slept more than 4 hours before that. We were pretty excited about that and are working on getting him fed well, so he can sleep a little longer at nights. He is still actively recognizing voices, anxious to try to hold his head up on his own, and recently started enjoying facing out to look around. We sure love watching him progress.

We had an exciting week starting with Kolt finding a horse he fell on love with. Miss Cody Lee is a 6 year old mare who has been broke very well. She comes in the pasture when you call her name and walks, trots, and lopes at a clicks and kisses. Her previous owner raised her from 6 months old. She is a pretty bay mare. Kolt went to look at her with my mom after a horse ride. He surprised me when he called on the way home, asking if it was okay that he "bought another horse." He is excited to start roping on her and hopefully make her into a good 4H horse for another kid in just a month. He has been spending lots of time with her as well as Chester, the other horse he's riding for a friend.


Monday we took Kason in to get some blood work. I also had an appointment because I was afraid I wasn't healing right. They assured me that I was doing okay and probably taking longer to heal because Kason was such a big baby. That evening we took Kason to his first Idaho Falls Chuckars game. Needless to say, I don't remember much about the game other than a home run in the 7th inning that was in the direction of our car. Kason didn't seem to enjoy the game either as he was hungry as soon as we got there and slept through the rest of the game. Nathan thinks Kolt is his new best friend. When grandpa asked him if he wanted to talk to Charlie, the Chuckar, he replied, "Sure. Me and Kolt go see him. That'd be fine." Kolt called Charlie over, so they could get a picture with Charlie. Nathan's courage quickly faded, and he was pretty scared.






Tuesday morning Kolt went fishing with Brady and Landon. They seemed to have a good time. Kolt then met my mom with horses to ride up in the sand dunes. Wednesday Kolt rode Cody for the first time around Iona with my mom.  When he was cinching up her saddle, she worked herself up enough to cut her chin open on the horse trailer. It was quite deep, so Kolt ended up taking her to the vet Thursday morning. He put the anesthetic to good use and swung the rope around her head when she was still a little under.

Thursday my mom and I went up to Hamer to run the Annual Panther Skills Clinic. Due to Kasons birth, we only hosted one day of 2 hours of both volleyball and basketball. I got up enough energy to do the volleyball session and my mom did most of the basketball. We sure enjoy watching those 19 girls improve every year. Trish was a lifesaver to watch Kason. Her friend had some experience with thrush who though Kason was showing some early signs of it, so we got on some medication, and we both seem to be doing much better.

Friday Kolt and I did a little grocery shopping for the first time with Kason. I have found out that shopping with my own baby isn't as fun as shopping with a baby I was babysitting. I used to really enjoy that, but I find I worry about too many things with my own baby, like if he's going to get sick from Simeon or if he's going to be hungry before we finish. It turned into a quick shopping trip really fast. I have actually found that a lot of the things I "thought" being a parent would be like are not very close at all. The things I thought I would enjoy are actually quite tough, and I have learned to really enjoy the good moments. I now have a new respect for all mothers, and I am learning how to cope with trials on little sleep which is quite difficult. Kolt has been the "steady Eddie" in all of this and is helping me learn to love what motherhood is really like.

Saturday I worked hard to do laundry before the Dalling family reunion. I also enjoy reunions and love visiting with my cousins. We had an awesome dinner that my mom was in charge of this year. Kason was a little fussy for his aunts and uncles, but settled down when grandpa held him. Kolt then played basketball in the pool at green canyon with uncle Jared, Bryant, and cousins Derrick, Scott, and jay. I had a good visit with Mandy and Trish.

Sunday we had a successful sacrament meeting with Kason. Kolt taught a really good lesson about our covenant to always remember the savior. Unfortunately, our class had a hard time being reverent, so we are trying to figure out how to motivate the kids to be reverent. My mom taught a great lesson in relief society about peace at home. Kason was hungry about five minutes in, so missed most of it. She is a great teacher.



No comments:

Post a Comment