Well, the best news is...we got the Piquet family pictures back! We love them!! Here they are...
Kason is 6 weeks old already! He is starting to smile quite a bit and recognizing Mom and Dad’s faces. He is just learning how to talk without crying. I had a whole conversation with him in the kitchen the other morning. He found his toys on bouncer and has been quite entertained. He is starting to rotate an awake-cycle between feedings. I just pray it is during the day. He sleeps about 5 hours during the night but is mostly 3 hours between feedings during the day. In the evenings, he eats every 1 ½ from 6-10, gearing up for his 5-hour hibernation! We took him to Grandpa Piquet’s work and weighed him on the scale; he is exactly 13 pounds! He is so tall that he hardly looks fat and still has his long legs He has the cutest little cheeks! He is starting to really like being outside at nights; I think he enjoys the cool air and looking around.
Kason is 6 weeks old already! He is starting to smile quite a bit and recognizing Mom and Dad’s faces. He is just learning how to talk without crying. I had a whole conversation with him in the kitchen the other morning. He found his toys on bouncer and has been quite entertained. He is starting to rotate an awake-cycle between feedings. I just pray it is during the day. He sleeps about 5 hours during the night but is mostly 3 hours between feedings during the day. In the evenings, he eats every 1 ½ from 6-10, gearing up for his 5-hour hibernation! We took him to Grandpa Piquet’s work and weighed him on the scale; he is exactly 13 pounds! He is so tall that he hardly looks fat and still has his long legs He has the cutest little cheeks! He is starting to really like being outside at nights; I think he enjoys the cool air and looking around.
Monday I had a
doctor’s appointment in Rigby; everything seems to be healing well. Lindsey and I did a lot of errands in town;
she stayed in the car and watched Kason at each stop. Kolt rode Cody out to his parents’ house,
about 5 miles. They trotted the whole
way, and she wasn’t even tired when they got there! Monday evening we had dinner with my cousins,
Jason & Marie Dalling and their kids, Sarah, Caleb, Valerie, and
Justin. Jason was so nice to answer a
lot of Kolt’s questions. He did a good
job of being honest about what becoming a physician is like, but also
encouraging us and telling us he could do it. He told us about a couple of
physician’s he went to school with. One
physician had 11 kids before getting a job, and one was a bishop during
residency. Wow! If they can do it, we
definitely can. Marie helped me a lot by
telling me what to expect as a wife of a physician. I went to bed that night feeling like this
journey may be very difficult, but I felt that we were going to do it. Kolt also felt a little more motivated. It will be quite a journey.
Tuesday morning Kolt
worked at the hospital. I swam with
Nathan and Lindsey in the hot tub, while my mom watched Kason. I did the laundry and did some work at
home. Wednesday I went visiting teaching
with my mom. We are visiting some neat
ladies; Kason has about a 15-minute timer.
After that, he is ready to go! Wednesday evening Kolt stacked hay with
his family. They did some more early
Thursday morning before their long horse ride at Palisades. I spent the day
with Kason; we had a good time eating and taking lots of naps. I am soaking up the last days before
volleyball and school start.
Friday morning we had volleyball tryouts at Bonneville. The sessions were 7-9:30 and 5-7 at
night. Kolt was able to come to both
sessions and even got to play a little.
We did a lot of scrimmaging and queens to get a good look at the
girls. Kason did a good job at practice
with Kolt; Kason timed a feeding right during practice! We had 15 girls try
out, many of whom hadn’t played on a team before. We kept 8 players. I am really excited for
the season. We have a good group of
girls that work hard and want to improve.
Friday evening we had a
block party at the neighbor’s house. My
mom and dad took Kason, and we met them there after practice. Kason loved Pinky & Brammer holding them;
he is sure a friendly baby!
Saturday morning Kolt
and my mom went to move cows with Kolt’s new horse. She is making a lot of progress; Kolt is
getting ready to sell her in the next couple weeks. My dad, Kason and I had a date in town. We went to Wendy’s and then shopping at Fred
Meyer. He bought me a pretty purple
dress and matching necklace! The day reminded me of the days I used to go to
town with my dad almost daily. I sure
love my dad and enjoy talking with him.
He seems to have the best advice in any of life’s problems. He is always very aware of what I’m feeling,
often even before I tell him. I love him
very much.
Saturday evening
Kolt, me and my parents went to the Adult Session of Stake Conference. Grandma and Grandpa Piquet watched
Kason. I think I missed Kason more than
he missed me. They said he was a great
baby! It is so nice to be able to have family close, so we can get a little
date night and know that Kason is taken care of. The highlight of the night was coming home to
see Kason is an extra outfit of Paisley’s because he peed on his outfit. I had to look at him twice because I couldn’t
figure out if it was Kason or Paisley when I first saw him! He makes a very cute girl though! Elder Baxter did a question and answer
session at Stake Conference. Afterwards,
we went out to Trista Schuster and Craig Darrington’s reception. They look very happy. We sure like them both
and their families. It was fun to
remember our own wedding day almost a year ago.
Sunday morning we had Stake Conference. We sat by Dane and Tammy Nelson. They took great care of Kason; he is getting
to be a pretty happy baby. The webcast
wasn’t working for the first half hour, but it finally came up and we were able
to see my parents singing in the choir at the Stake Center. Kolt took the Lindley grandkids for a little
horse ride Sunday evening after dinner; Ashley was awesome and put Kason to
sleep for me too!



















No comments:
Post a Comment