Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wedding Season!

Right before Kolt got home, I got to be part of 2 weddings!  They are some of my dearest friends, Makayla (Keck) Wilde & Jocelyn (Ostermiller) Hobbs.  Between the three of us, we managed to all get married within 9 weeks! It was definitely a wedding season! I never got to write about it because I was a little preoccupied with Kolt coming home---Imagine that!---but I wanted to write now about each of their big days!

Jocelyn Hobbs got married to Mark Hobbs on July 27, 2012.  She waited for him while he was on his mission also, and I was so happy for her to finally marry him.  We spent 2 long years together in Wyoming waiting for this day to come.  Jocelyn and I grew up together in Sugar City, Idaho.  We were best friends until I moved to Idaho Falls in 7th grade.  We were nicknamed the "Twin Towers"  in middle school, but now you would never guess because Jocelyn kept growing, and I haven't grown an inch since then!  I think Heavenly Father wanted us to be best friends because he sent us both to Rock Springs, Wyoming to play volleyball together! I love talking to Jocelyn, and I find myself always texting her for advice and to see how she is doing! I know we will be friends for life!

July 27th was a gorgeous day for a wedding, and Jocelyn looked beautiful! Here are some of the highlights of the day:

-Hurrying home from a camp in Evanston, Wyoming with Sam & Makayla! I got to the Rexburg Temple just in time for her to come out!

-Seeing Jocelyn glow as she came out of the temple! She looked so happy and set such a great example for me!

-Taking pictures around the temple and trying to avoid the Idaho wind! (Nothing like Wyoming wind by the way!)

-Seeing Jocelyn with her new family and looking completely at home

-Talking at the luncheon out on the pavilion for at least an hour! Jocelyn and Mark are some of the funniest people I know! I'm pretty sure I spent most of the afternoon laughing at each of them tell their version of the "mission" story!

-Seeing Kortnie & Ricky (her missionary who just got home) and loving how happy they were...and looking forward to the day when my missionary would be home!

-Taking a nap with Candace after a long wedding day!

-Seeing my cousins Mandy & Heidi Dalling at the reception and lots of other people I know from Sugar! It was a fun little reunion!

-Watching the video of Jocelyn & Mark and seeing how happy they were to finally be together again!

Here are some pictures of the day:










On August 8, 2012, Makayla Keck married her sweetheart Sam Wilde.  I met Sam back in the spring 2011 semester in Wyoming.  Makayla and I have been friends forever! I met her in 7th grade when I moved to Bonneville High School, and we have always stayed close playing sports together.  I was so happy when we both decided to go to Western together! I think I have had the best roommate and most importantly, the best friend I could ever ask for! Makayla has a certain way spreading her smile. Just by looking at her, you can tell she is living her happy ever after with Sam!

Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your wedding! Here are some highlights of their special day: (Doesn't she look beautiful?)

-Waiting anxiously for them to come out of the temple while holding her niece Bentley Bounds!

-Seeing Makayla's big smile after she was sealed to Sam for time and all eternity in the Idaho Falls temple.

-Taking pictures outside and baking in the wonderful August heat!

-Talking with Mason Hansen, Jake Wilcock, Tyler Andreas, and Candace Clifford at the luncheon!

-Loving their beautiful reception at the Bodily's home--It was absolutely stunning

-Seeing Kyle Egbert who just got back from his mission

-Somehow surviving in my huge bright yellow heels!

-Catching up with all my friends from high school who I miss SOO much!

-Sending her and Sam off with sparklers and almost setting my hand on fire

-Realizing that in 5 days, I would be with Kolt!

Here are some pictures from the day:









I love you both so much! You are the kind of friends that last forever! I'm so glad that we got to spend 2 years in Wyoming together playing volleyball.  Please always stay close :)

1 comment:

  1. Susan this post is adorable. I love you so much and and so thankful for you ♥

    ReplyDelete