Wednesday, October 3, 2012

August 13, 2012---Welcome Home Elder Piquet

So I think it's about time I take the time to write down the engagement story and welcoming Kolt home.  A little late, but better than never!  Kolt got home August 13th from his mission in Villahermosa, Mexico! That day was one of the most rewarding days of my life!  He was scheduled to fly in at 4:55 PM on Monday evening. 

My day started off early with volleyball tryouts from 7-9 at Bonneville.  I am the freshman coach this year, and we had the most girls at tryouts ever at Bonneville.  I did a really good job of staying focused and got to take a good look at the girls before the team was made that evening.  After volleyball, I went into work at the Post Register and tried really hard to get lots done and keep busy! I left in the early afternoon to come home.  I attempted to take a short nap and then spend the evening getting ready.  Thank you so much for all the sweet texts and calls that day! I was SO anxious to get him home, and it was so nice to feel the support from my family and friends!

I worked out to pick out a good outfit and got lots of good advice from Tyler, Makayla, Jocelyn, Kallie, Kristi, Natalie and my mom. By 5:30, I was feeling very good about how I looked! His family was the only ones to greet him at the airport and he went quickly to get released.  After he got released, he came over.  My family was having a block party that same night of course, but I was glad because that meant a little more distraction for me and that Jeanna & Jared and the kids got to be there also! At about 6:25, I saw Kolt pull in with his brother-in-law's green truck.  I caught a glance of him in the window in his suit and tie, looking just how I left him 2 years ago!  I ran out of the house and gave him a big hug and lucky for me, since he was released, he gave me a kiss too!

We went around to the back of the house to see the rest of my family, and then took off for dinner at Big Jud's in Ririe with his family.  People have asked me if it was weird being with him again, and the best answer I can think of is...NO! It was weird for about 10 seconds until we both felt completely confident that we were supposed to be together.  After that, everything picked up right where we left off.  Kolt and I had the best talk up to Big Jud's; we even managed to get lost on the way to the restaurant.  We had a great dinner with his family, Grandma and Grandpa Staker, and a few of his cousins.  I was totally content to sit and hold his hand all night long.

After dinner, Kolt and I went on a drive all around Idaho Falls.  We spent the whole night getting caught up on everything that happned over the past 2 year apart.  We didn't cover much, but we got a good start, and somewhere in the middle of the night, I finally was able to let him go home.  During our drive, we fell in love all over again.  We were both so happy to be together, and it was as if we had never been apart except I loved him much much more.  Seeing Kolt again after 2 years was one of the most rewarding things I have ever done.  And I really do believe that, "Distance makes the heart grow fonder."

Here are some pictures and a video of the welcome home.  Thank you to my mom for recording it!
Welcome Home sign made by Tyler, Mom, & Me!

Walking in!


He's home!

No comments:

Post a Comment