Monday, March 3, 2014

Uncle Brand's Championship

It is hard to believe Kason is 8 months old today! Time has been flying! Yesterday Kason did two new things! When Aunt Ashley came for dinner on Sunday, she waved at Kason, and he waved back! Later in the evening, we were watching a basketball game on TV, and Kason clapped for the first time. His hands even made a sound this time! He was pretty excited about his accomplishment! Kason is getting to be more of a crawler. He used to be pretty content to just stay by people or crawl toward someone, but now he is getting braver and venturing away. He is attracted to outlets and the stairs! He has officially fallen down a couple of stairs this week. He is getting tough J On Wednesday night, I was folding laundry in the back room and Kolt ran some garbage outside.  When Kolt came back inside, Kason had moved from the living room up to the landing by the front door. I didn’t believe it, so we coaxed him again with a basketball, and he did it without any problem! He loves going up the stairs now, but has lost balance a couple of times and fallen, so we have been using the baby gate to keep him from going up. He doesn’t think that’s too fun! He is also turning into quite the shy boy lately.  He likes to smile at people and then lay his head on mom’s shoulder to get a little reinforcement.  He is getting quite the personality!



On Monday, Kason went to work with me, so Kolt could take a test in the testing center and had class. In the evening, we went to volleyball. Kolt and Kason came to watch again which I love! We finally played the earlier games, so it was nice to get home a little earlier than usual.  We did a good job of getting behind in several of the games and then making a comeback.  We ran out of diapers in the diaper bag, so Kason and Kolt made a quick trip to Walmart during the games to get some.


Tuesday was a warm day, so Kason and I went for a walk with Grandma to the Post Office and the park.  Kason was really tired before we left, so I thought he’d fall asleep. I was definitely wrong! He loved riding in the stroller and checking everything out. We went down the slide at the park. Kason’s favorite thing to do was swing on the swing set! We also did laundry and sent out some mail on Tuesday.  I made tacos for dinner, and then we went to the Bonneville boys basketball game against Century for the district championship.  Kolt enjoyed the game, but the highlight for me was sitting by Makayla and her family! I am feeling pretty good about seeing her twice on this Idaho trip!

On Wednesday, Kason and I went to work for a couple hours.  When we got home, Kason took a nap and then we went outside with Kamrie.  We played on the tramp for a little bit and then got to swing on the swing set at Erin Klingler’s house next door. They both had a great time. It is nice to get out after a whole winter inside! I had volleyball practice and Kolt and Kason went to Brand’s district tournament against Sandcreek.  I have 18 girls on the 2 10 year old volleyball teams this year, so there is a court full for sure, but we managed to work on some hitting footwork this week! I made it to the last bit of Brand’s game! It was close until the end, but they pulled out a win!

On Thursday, I had a homework day at home with Kason while Kolt went to class.  Brand had his district championship game against Madison at RMMS.  Kason dressed up in his basketball onesie for the game, and Kolt and I even managed to coordinate some purple and gold for the game. One of us was excited about that! J My class meeting was cancelled again, so I got to go to the game which I was excited about! It was another close game, but they worked hard for a win! Brand played great! Kolt and I have enjoyed watching Brand grow as a basketball player this season.  We took lots of pictures after the game.  I finally got a 4 generations picture of my boys with Great Grandpa Monte Piquet, Grandpa Shane Piquet, Kolt Monte Piquet, and Kason Kolt Piquet. I’m so grateful that Kason is so close with his grandparents and great grandparents.  He comes from a special Piquet family and has some great role models in his life. 



On Friday, I ran into work and left Kolt with Kason for the morning.  We met in town for our dentists appointments.  We have been trying to sort out insurances and balance schedules to get to the dentist for a few months, so we were relieved to finally get in.  As much as I dislike the dentist, I sure feel like a new woman with clean teeth! We had them spaced out, so we could balance Kason and even do some grocery shopping in between. It ended up being a long time in town, but we got lots done.  Kolt and I both got off the hook at the dentist. No cavities for us this time! In the evening, we went out with our good friends, Stetson & Tenae Saxton and their 5-month old baby Jace. We met at the Copper Rill Restaurant for dinner that our longtime family friend, Shandi, opened.  It was delicious! I got some Asian noodles and chicken, and Kolt got Italian Sausage pasta.  We both liked them so much that we didn’t even share with each other! We had a great time visiting with Stetson and Tenae.  We definitely don’t get out with friends enough! After dinner, we came back to our house and let Jace and Kason play.  They had a great time together. We are hoping to do something with the Saxton’s again soon!

On Saturday morning, we got up early to clean the church with my parents.  I think we made record time! Kason was not such a fan of us cleaning so much, so we spent some time practicing the organ together.  At noon, we went to Frozen at the ISU IF campus.  They served lunch and treats.  There were lots of people there! Natalie, Nathan & Brooke came and also Jason & Marie Dalling and their kids came. We loved the movie! I have been listening to the music since. My favorite is the song that the Piano Guys did.  After the movie, we did a little shopping in town and then picked up some pizza from JenniJen’s in Rigby to take out to our craft party at Shauna & Landon’s.  My cousin opened up JenniJen’s just 2 weeks ago, so we have been anxious to try it! It was delicious! We loved the Hawaiian and BBQ Chicken. The breadsticks were great too! It was fun to see Jenn and Clay and visit for a few minutes too! I had a great craft night with Shauna!! The St. Patrick’s Day decorations were probably our best work so far! I am loving them! Kolt and Landon watched Paisley & Kason while watching Clinton Anderson.  They were good sports! Kason and Paisley sure have a fun time playing together. 


We had a good Sunday yesterday. I played the organ and Kolt taught the Sunday school lesson. Kason needed a nap during the entire block, but would not give except 10 minutes during Priesthood. We had a great Relief Society lesson about love and charity.  I definitely have some things to work on in that department! Kolt and I both spent the evening studying. Ashley made yummy teriyaki rice bowls for dinner, and Natalie made some delicious brownies for dessert! Kason had a bit of a grumpy afternoon until the cousins came over.  He loves watching them and taking in everything that they do.  Brooke and he have a good time together. Kason just watches her closely as she walks around.  I think it is just killing him that he can’t. I definitely think that Kason grows a lot watching his older cousins and learns a lot of new skills from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment