Monday, March 10, 2014

Jackson Hole Volleyball Tournament


Kason hit 8 months old last Monday! I can’t believe how quickly he is growing up! Kason is getting a fun personality! He likes to be shy around new people, but is quite a character at home.  He still loves to be around other kids especially his cousins.  He is entertained for hours when he is around them. He likes to move along the furniture, from tables, chairs, office desk drawers and couches.  He got his first bruise this week on his forehead from standing up to a drawer in my desk and having the drawer slide out, causing him to lose his balance! He still hasn’t learned his lesson with that one yet! It is obvious he likes being outside! I have been taking him on walks when I can! Grandpa and Grandma Lindley took him on a walk the other evening, and Kason loved it. He sure didn’t want them to block the wind from his face with the blanket because he couldn’t see! Kason also learned how to slide down the stairs this week, as long as Dad reminds him! He is a magnet for the stairs and bathroom now, so we are seriously baby proofing!

Monday I spent the day writing a 10 page paper for my capstone class while Kolt watched Kason.  I am really lucky that Kolt doesn’t have a full day of classes Monday.  In the evening, Kason and I went to volleyball at the Zone while Kolt stayed home to finish homework.  Aunt Natalie and Teresa Ure both helped watch Kason during the games.  He was pretty tired and grumpy most the night which I felt bad about! They were great to keep him for me while we played! We are in our first week of tournament. The championship is tonight.

On Tuesday I went into work to pass out folders for checks. Kason came to work with me. I ordered my cap and gown after work.  I’m getting really excited to graduate. Only 8 weeks left! On Tuesday evening, I made Alfredo Broccoli Pasta and Cheesy Bacon Potato Bites. It was really good! All of us went to volleyball for the 10 year old practice.  Kason rode in the stroller while I coached. Kolt even got to set for the wave drill at the end of practice.

Wednesday I had a long day at work printing checks.  I had a lot of help from Dave, one of my coworkers, who entertained Kason for a while with the window and 10-key typewriter at his desk.  In the evening, Kason and I went and watched some of the older kids at volleyball practice.

On Thursday, I did laundry for the weekend and went visiting teaching.  Kason had a great time playing with the toys our visiting teaching sister laid out for him.  For dinner, I made White Chicken Chili soup. Definitely a “Check Plus” in our books!  Kason had grandma’s day with Grandma Piquet while Kolt was in Pocatello for his lab, and I was in a study group for my independent study class.  Kason loved taking a bath with Grandma and having a few chocolate chips with Grandpa Piquet.

On Friday, I worked a long day to catch up while Kason stayed home with Kolt.  When I got home, we packed up for the Annual Jackson Hole Women’s Volleyball Tournament.  This is my 3rd year going to Jackson with this team. It is definitely the highlight of March! We left for Jackson at 4. We won our pool in the evening.  Grandma Lindley and Kolt watched Kylen and Kason. Grandpa Lindley came with Kamrie Saturday morning. We stayed in a nice suite with everyone on Friday evening, and Kason reminded us why he doesn’t sleep with us. J Without fail, he manages to wake up 7 or 8 times a night when he sleeps in our bed! He might be a little like his mother by wanting to be left alone when she sleeps!

On Saturday, we played another pool and then had the tournament. Kason had a good time with dad in the stroller and crawling around on the floor. We got 3rd which was great considering the competition. There were a lot of younger players who just graduated college.  We did pretty well considering the fact that we don’t play together regularly.  On the way home, we stopped for ice cream in Swan Valley, a tradition for us! We stopped at Grandma & Grandpa Piquet’s on the way home. We watched Hunger Games and had pizza. Kason had a great time playing with Paisley and mooching food off of everyone’s plate! Kason had a great bath with Grandma Piquet and then fell asleep for the night on the car ride home.

On Sunday, I played the organ and Kolt taught the Sunday school lesson. I’m subbing as the Primary chorister next week, so I spent the last 2 hours watching her, so I’d know what to do next week. I did catch a part of the Relief Society lesson about families. My mom shared a little bit about our families along with some other sisters.  I left feeling re-motivated to have FHE and family prayer.  We stayed for choir after church. We sing in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment