Happy Birthday to Grandma Lindley today! We have had a fun week! First, here’s a few of Kason’s updates! Kason has learned to cluck with his tongue and has being doing it all week! He is very talkative at home, but is growing a shy personality in big groups! He has gotten the flu bug this week and threw up on Saturday evening. The biggest news of the week is that Kason popped his bottom tooth on Monday! He has been unusually whiny, chewing on everything, and sleeping very poorly in the last few days! The second biggest news of the week is that Kason is pulling himself up to stand this week. This week he was standing up in the crib when he woke up from his nap! He pulls himself up onto furniture. Nothing is safe in the house anymore! He is getting lots more dark hair which is so cute! He loves to be in the action still. He is growing to like more foods, but still takes longer than usual to warm up to new foods, especially the sweet stuff!
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday we spent catching up on work
and homework before our trip to the cabin with the Jensen’s. I had volleyball on Monday evening in Rexburg.
We watched Brand play Eagle Rock. He was sick, so he didn’t play, but the team
won a close game! I got the sick bug on Wednesday, so it was a miracle we got
ready to go! Kolt had a big exam on Thursday before we left, so Kolt spent the
evening before Wednesday evening and Grandpa and Grandma Lindley helped watch
Kason while I tried to feel better!
On Thursday, Kolt
left for school, and Kason and I got ready to go. Kolt left a sweet Valentine’s Day note with
chocolates and flowers! It was a great surprise! Shauna, Landon, Paisley &
Rope picked up Kason and me at the house and loaded up our bags in Landon’s
brother’s suburban. We drove over to the
school to pick up Kolt after his test. Shauna
and I put together a yummy lunch! I was glad I finally felt good enough to eat
it! Rope rode in the back with Paisley and Kason. Kason was a bit of a pill for the first
little bit, but eventually had a nap. We
drove straight to Kolt’s cousin, Chris Jensen’s house. We had pizza for dinner and then drove up to
the Welton Woods cabin near Mt. Pleasant.
We drove the suburban as far as we could and then got in the snow cat and
on snowmobiling to drive into the cabin. The cabin was beautiful! It had 9
bedrooms and lots of rooms for the kids.
The whole Jensen family was there, so I was glad to meet some of Kolt’s
family that I hadn’t met yet!
On Friday, we got up and had a yummy breakfast! Kason didn’t
sleep very well in the night and did a great job of keeping us up! We left
around 10 in the snow cat into the mountains to find a good snow spot for
tubing and snowmobiling. Kolt and I rode down the hill in the tube and then
went riding on one of the snowmobiles. Kason slept through his first snowmobile
ride! We built a fire up there and stayed plenty warm while we had snacks and
drinks. It was a great day! When we got
back to the cabin, we had lunch, took naps, visited, and watched Clinton
Anderson and the Olympics. We took a bunch of
pictures for Valentine’s Day. Aunt
Shauna even got Kason a Valentine’s Day shirt! She is always so great to think
of us! Kason also got a Valentine from
cousin Kylen & Kamrie that we got when we got home! It was a great first
Valentine’s Day! Friday marked 2 years since Grandpa Earl Lindley passed
away. I spent a lot of the day thinking
about him and the many memories I have of him.
On Saturday morning, we loaded up for home! We shopped at Hobby Lobby on
the way and then ate at Winger’s before we headed home. Kason was a pill on the way home, so I sat in
the back and helped him sleep. He was so happy when we got home! We
had a fun mini vacation and are very grateful for Chris & Nicole for
inviting us and for Landon & Shauna for driving!
On Sunday morning,
Kolt got the sick bug, so he couldn’t go to church. He thought he could still go, but I told him
no one wanted him there! I got there early with Kason to play the organ. Grandpa Lindley took Kason until Grandma
Lindley & Great Grandma Lindley got there.
I’m so grateful for all their help during church and in the afternoon. I
had to take a test online when I got home, so Grandma Lindley took Kason. We
had a great dinner with the Lindley’s and were glad to have Great Grandma Lindley
with us. It is good to have her visit. We also got our pictures printed and put
them up on the wall on Sunday evening. I’m loving it!












No comments:
Post a Comment