Well we have had a
great week at the Piquet home. I have to
start by correcting our family letter last Monday. Kason actually turned 7
months old on Monday when I wrote it! I was a day off! We did our monthly
pictures. It is so fun to see how much he has grown in such a short period of
time. Kason is getting to be a very good
crawler. On Saturday afternoon, I took a
nap on the couch and Kolt did homework for 1 ½ hours while Kason crawled and
played all over our family room. He even
pulled himself up to standing with his hands on the first stair! He is getting
so brave and strong! He has ventured to find the stairs, the bathroom, the
kitchen tile, and other fun things in the room.
He is making sure his mom baby-proofs the house! Kason is growing a fun
personality too. He is a typical active
boy. He loves being moving and watching what’s going on around the house. He learned a new trick of puckering his lips
and snorting his nose when he really wants something. It is pretty cute. Kolt and I got a glimpse this
week of the Kason we had before he got sick this winter. He is being much
happier and social except for today.
This afternoon he has been throwing up everything we have fed him. He
has been sleeping a lot, so hopefully he will sleep it off. He loves Grandpa Lindley’s new Yonanas treat
that is frozen ice cream made with only frozen bananas and blueberries. He is the happiest boy in the world!
This week has been
full of lots of homework and work preparing for our trip to Kolt’s cousin’s
Chris Jensen’s cabin this next weekend.
Kolt and I have both been working hard to coordinate homework time to
make sure we do what we need to for class.
I printed checks this week at work.
It was a very smooth check run with lots more checks than usual. On Wednesday, I got to go pick up Evan from
school and bring him back to work with me.
My desk was quite an attraction with both Evan and Kason helping me
work. Thankfully, Kolt got out of school shortly after and picked up both boys,
so I could get finish up.
Monday I played in my volleyball league. I was happy that Kolt and Kason both came and
did the score. Kason was a big help from
what I hear, and I even heard him cheering for his mom! Tuesday was a cleaning
and homework day. It is nice to have a catch up day once in a while. Wednesday we watched Brand play at
Sandcreek. They lost in a close game. It
was sure exciting! We also watched Brand play on Friday against Madison. They
won by 30. Brand played great! Kolt and
I really enjoy going to watch his games.
After Brand’s game on Friday, we watched the Bonneville boys team play
Century. Kason played with Kristie
Lemons at the game and then fell asleep sitting on my lap. He is a really good
baby at the games. He likes watching the
games and is pretty happy for the most part, except when he thinks he wants to
go play!
On Thursday, Kolt had
his lab in Pocatello and I had a school meeting in Idaho Falls. We are grateful for Grandma Piquet who
watched Kason from 5 to 10 that evening. When I went to pick him up, he was
happy as can be playing and playing and in one of the funniest moods I’ve ever
seen, just giggling and giggling. He
sure likes his grandparents.
On Friday morning, we
had our life insurance physicals. It was
pretty quick and painless, since I’m a baby about needles! Kolt and I spent the
day working on homework until the basketball games in the evening.
On Saturday morning, we went to Rope’s basketball game in
the Belnap league. They won by a buzzer beater shot! It was really exciting! We
have had some great games this week! For Brand’s birthday, we decided to take
him to dinner and an ISU Men’s Basketball game.
So at 4, we took off for our 5th game of the week! We had
dinner at Golden Corral. It was so good! Kason was the main attraction! Lots of
grandmas came to see him. He just smiled and smiled at them which made their
day! After dinner, we went to the game. It was a great game, although they
lost, it was close for most of the game.
The highlight of the game was when Idaho Central Credit Union threw out
shirts. Brand ran down and got one of the 2 shirts that they threw out! The
winners got to go in the money machine! They didn’t let Brand go, since he wasn’t
18, so Kolt went for him. The first lady got $27. Kolt won $121!!! His wife was
pretty excited! Brand and he split the profits, so it was a great night! I also
got to visit with Kylee and Riley Sessions.
I have sure missed her! I have been remembering all our fun memories
today.
On Sunday, Kolt
taught the Sunday school lesson with a question and answer period to teach us
about the importance of learning. I was
thankful Kason slept all during Relief Society, so I could listen to Sister
Sayre teach the lesson. In Sacrament Meeting, Josh and Mackenzie Sayre sang “If
the Savior Stood Beside Me”. They did a
great job. I have set a goal to sing in church with my kids someday. We had a yummy dinner with the Lindley’s
after church. We have also enjoyed watching the Olympics. It is one of the
favorite times of the year!

No comments:
Post a Comment