Kason is 5 months old this week! He has gotten quite vocal this week, learning that he can make a lot of noises all by himself. He hasn’t screamed quite as much this week, but he has a pretty constant babble that has become a consistent sound at this house. We have had a sick week with all the cold and flu symptoms. Luckily Kason mainly had the cold symptoms while I had the flu symptoms. Thursday and Friday we stayed home and got well. He is still fighting a running nose and cough, but he is much happier and doesn’t seem like he is miserable. Kason has gotten really good at pushing up on his hands and knees, but keeps scooting backwards. He will be a happy boy when he realizes he can go forward!
Despite the
sicknesses, we have had a pretty normal week of school and work with a couple
of highlights. In my little over a year
of “trying” to write a weekly family letter, I have learned that I am much more
grateful for the little things and the big things that happen each week. It has definitely been a blessing for me!
Tuesday evening Kolt,
Kason and I went out to my cousin Jason Dalling’s house to babysit for their 4
kids while Jason, Marie and Jessica were out for the evening. Kolt was the best babysitter by playing every
game in the book with the kids. They
played freeze tag, hide-n-seek, 4 corners, Simon says, airplane, bucking bull,
and even Caleb’s favorite game “Dragon Fire”. Sarah, Caleb, and Valerie had a
great time with him, and Justin tried to keep up with the other kids! You could tell Kason is an only child—He just
stared at all the kids running around and held on tight! We had a great time
helping family and even got to read the Book of Mormon when the kids when to
bed.
Friday morning Kolt
watched Paisley while Kason and I stayed in the bedroom, so we wouldn’t get her
sick! Paisley is growing up so quickly, and she and Kolt seemed to have a good
time! Friday evening while Kolt was in Pocatello, we went to dinner and did
some shopping at Fred Meyer.
The biggest news of the week is that Kolt is now a
Course-Trained Phlebotomist. He took a
3-session course in Pocatello through Bingham Memorial Hospital. Thank you to Kristi and Bryant for letting
him stay with them on Friday evening to avoid the snowy roads! He brought home
a kit to keep practicing, and I’m afraid I may have to face my fear of needles
and let him practice on me soon.
Saturday we watched
Brand’s basketball game against Hillcrest.
They lost by 2 in a close game! After the game, Kolt and I went to Red
Robin for dinner. It is nice to get a
little break away from the daily routine.
Saturday we watched
Brand’s basketball game against Hillcrest.
They lost by 2 in a close game! After the game, Kolt and I went to Red
Robin for dinner. It is nice to get a
little break away from the daily routine.
Sunday was the normal routine with a good block of meetings
and then dinner with my parents, and Kevin and Natalie’s family. We also watched the First Presidency
Christmas Devotional. I always enjoy the
music. We are looking forward to the holiday season.




No comments:
Post a Comment