Sunday, December 22, 2013

Kason's Famous!!

Kason is growing and growing.  As we were delivering gifts one night this week, our neighbor held him and said that he must have lead in his behind.  He is a pretty solid baby! He is eating lots of rice cereal and has been doing well with sweet potatoes this week.  He is growing into 12 month clothes. They seem like they will be huge when you look at the clothes, but they fit just right.  He is getting vocal and likes to talk.  He is still trying to crawl, but just rocks on his hands and knees and then flops in different directions.  He started sitting in a highchair this week that sits on the table.  I think he appreciates us not squishing him chunky legs in that little bumbo! He is a great kisser—likes to grab mommy’s face with both hands and kiss it (and sometimes he prefers pinching your neck and then kissing you which doesn’t make his mom happy!) He loves grabbing hair too! Kason seems to be teething as he likes to gnaw on your fingers and other teething toys; Tylenol is our best friend! He learned a new little quirk this week—he now turns his head to the side to look at things.  Grandpa Lindley teases him by turning his head to the side to look at Kason, and Kason loves doing it back at him.  We have been thinking that might be his way of saying he wants to go to someone or get out of a chair or something.  It is pretty darn cute, and we laugh at Kason and Grandpa a lot! 



We have had a great week this week, finishing school and finally getting things done that we have been wanting to do! The big news of the week is that Kason is famous.  He is going to be on the Post Register Born in 2013 Baby Parade magazine flyer and on the cover, coming in March.  His mom is pretty proud.  They picked one of Kason’s picture to go on the flyer that will be distributed to many businesses and inserted in every newspaper.  We think that is pretty cool!

On Monday my mom and I went visiting teaching to our sisters and delivered some dipped pretzels and other goodies.  I sure enjoy this time of year, and it was nice to teach about the birth of our Savior.  Kolt finished his last finals on Monday.  I finished my last finals on Thursday and Tuesday.  I am excited to be done and really nervous about one of my finals.  I am crossing my fingers that I did well on my Accounting final!

We spent a lot of time this week finishing Christmas shopping, delivering neighborhood gifts, and wrapping presents.  On Wednesday, I had my Office Christmas party.  We did our annual Christmas gift exchange and ate some great food! We even had enough to have it for lunch the rest of the week! At the gift exchange, I got a popcorn bowl, popcorn and a movie! We are looking forward to a movie night!


Kolt has been riding his horses all week.  JJ is doing great with his first rides.  Nathan even got to ride JJ this week which he was thrilled about.  Dev (the new horse) has been improving in her ground work.  Kolt is realizing how lucky he is to have JJ, with such a quiet disposition, where Dev is a little more anxious. 
We also spent a couple nights this week going to Brand’s basketball tryouts and practices.  We are beyond excited for his games this season.  We have missed watching basketball games and looking forward to watching him play basketball at Rocky Mountain Middle School.

Kolt and I set a goal this holiday season to get back to pre-baby weight.  Yeah, not a great time of year to set that goal, but it’s when we have the most time!  We have done P90X the past 3 nights and are a little sore, to say the least.  It has been feeling good to finally get going after having Kason.


On Saturday we spent some time redecorating the living room. We almost finished it all except we need one more 5X7 frame on the bottom.  Over the years, I have collected a lot of frames, and lots of black frames.  I painted some additional ones black and decided to make a wall collage that I saw on Pinterest.  I love it! I just need to get a few more recent pictures, but I just love looking and seeing our life on the wall.  We had lunch at Scotty’s. Then we came home and decided to ruin our Christmas, and mount our new TV in our bedroom. We love it!

Sunday we went out to Milo for church at 11 to listen Rope sing in Sacrament Meeting and attend Brand’s advancement to a teacher. We hurried back to our ward at 1 to play the organ and teach Sunday school. We were very excited to listen to Tanner Roberts report his mission. After church we lent our computer to a family in our ward who was talking to their daughter who is serving a mission in the Philippines. 
We are really excited to talk to Tyler in Italy on Christmas day. We are grateful for this time of year to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and we are excited to start Christmas traditions with our new family.


No comments:

Post a Comment