Monday, October 21, 2013

Sick Week--Volleyball Finishes

Kason had a sick week this week! Since last Friday, he would work into a screaming cry instantly which is not normal at all.  He hardly slept more than an hour at a time, including all through the night.  Kolt and I decided to take him in last minute on Friday afternoon.  The doctor said he was beginning an ear infection, so we got some antibiotics, and he has been great since! It is so nice to have our happy, easy-going baby back! The plus side of taking him to the doctor was that we got to weigh him.  Kason weighed 18 lbs. 5 oz. When the P.A. came in, he said, “Correct me if I’m wrong, but he’s a little stout for his age, right?” We had a good laugh about that! This week Kason found his thumb and his mom has banned to wearing socks on his hands until he forgets about it! He has been grabbing toys better and interacting more. He is so close to rolling over.  He arches his back and tries and tries to roll when he is on the floor.  He is also scooting a bit.  On Friday, I found him totally rotated from where I had left him which surprised me! I am taking advantage of every day before he learns to roll and crawl!



Volleyball finished the week.  We beat Blackfoot in 5 on Thursday and Preston in 4 on Thursday.  We played in the Madison tournament on Saturday.  I rode the bus with the girls, and Kolt came up later with Kason.  In pool play, our setter hit her head.  After several concussion assessments, her parents and I decided it would be best if she didn’t play the rest of the day.  The girls were pretty disappointed in finishing lower than we had hoped, but they sure played well.  I have had such a great time with these girls this year.  They have been coachable and upbeat, and I enjoy watching them get better.  I am excited for a little less hectic schedule though!

Wednesday evening we went to Rope and Brand’s football playoff games at Bonneville.  We had Kason all bundled up in his snowsuit and sat with Paisley and Shauna in front of the propane heater.  Rope’s team lost, but Brand’s team won.  Brand hurt his elbow during his game and hustled off to the doctor.  We are hoping he is doing okay! Kason wasn’t feeling very good still, so we decided to take off after Brand did.  We took Rope home with us and watched a little Harry Potter  before Kolt’s parents came to pick him up.

The greatest news of the week is that semester is half over! We are starting to get into a routine with homework though, so the last half should be a breeze especially without volleyball.

Friday evening we babysat Kylen and Kamrie at our house while Kristi & Bryant went on a date.  We had a great time! Between Kolt taking Kason and me taking Kylen, Kamrie didn’t get a ton of attention, but Grandma & Grandpa Lindley took her out for some dinner and helped put her to sleep, so we were pretty proud that both Kylen and Kamrie were asleep when they got home from their date. It was fun to have a couple of babies at the same time though, and I am still hoping to have twins someday!

Sunday morning we got up early to go to Parker Belnap’s mission report.  He did a great job and has a special Spirit about him.  We enjoyed visiting with old high school friends and letting them see Kason again.  We also were excited to see Mr. Moeller, our 7th grade World History teacher and lifelong friend.  We came back to our ward after; I played the organ and accompanied the Young Men/Women singing “As Sisters in Zion/We’ll Bring the World His Truth”.  I love that song and feel the Spirit so strongly every time I hear it.  I have enjoyed practicing with them for the past month.  Kolt taught the Sunday School lesson on developing Christlike attributes.  It was a great class.

We had dinner at Natalie’s house after church.  Kolt made gravy and I made potatoes for dinner.  It was Brooke’s birthday, so we also got to watch her open presents.  She is sure growing up quickly!



No comments:

Post a Comment