Sunday, October 27, 2013

Football, Carnival, Volleyball & Piquet Party

Kason had a great week of doing new things! He is 3 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days old today! He is back to his good-ole happy self this week! He is on his 2nd night of sleeping in his crib, which is a work in progress.  He still seems to love eating, and his mom is happy to feed him and keep him happy.  He fits much better in his crib than his bassinet though, so he probably likes the extra room!  He is starting to have more of an opinion on the car seat. When I went to volleyball practice on Tuesday, he decided he liked sitting in the stroller without the car seat, so he could look around. He has also learned to arch his back when he is on the floor, and often does that in the car seat when he doesn’t really want to sit in it!  He found his tongue this week and is constantly sticking it out as well as sucking on his bottom lip. It is really pretty cute! He is also learning how to talk back and forth and can carry on pretty serious conversations for quite a few minutes, including during Sacrament Meeting.








Monday I had an interesting shopping experience at Wal-Mart. I had quite the list of things to pick up and only had Kason to help.  After about an hour, I was pretty worn out and didn’t really know what was in my cart, let alone what was in the bags I scooped up as I checked out.  When I got home and showed everyone what I got, my mom found a 6-pack of Budweiser in one bag, along with a dress that I didn’t pay for! Somehow I had scooped up a bag of the person in front of me and came home with a pack of beer that I didn’t know what to do with! We called Wal-Mart right away and then took the bag back to the store.  It made for an interesting night!

Tuesday Brand played in the 2nd round of playoffs and then played in the 8th grade football championship on Saturday at Thunder Stadium.  They won the championship 34-0, and Brand played awesome! We had a lot of family there, including my parents! Kason slept for a long time with Grandma Staker! It was great weather also which made it a great game to watch! We celebrated the win at The Sandpiper which is delicious! I’m starting to really like clams!




Wednesday I worked a short day because I ran out of diapers and had to go home.  When I got home, I made a quadruple batch of Halloween cookies and a few caramel apples for the Annual Piquet Pumpkin Carving Party.  We had Eldorado Casserole, ate a lot of treats, carved pumpkins, and watched Pacific Rim.  It is always such a fun time with family!












One of my classes got cancelled Thursday, so I drove down for a quick class in the morning and found out I got a 90% on my Auditing exam! I was pretty happy about that! Kason spent the evening with Grandma Piquet, and she found out he has quite the musical talent, as he was kicking to the beat of the music! I’m pretty happy about that!

District volleyball was this week. On Friday, we beat Pocatello & Rigby. Teresa Ure was awesome to take Kason for both games! Kolt has lab down in Pocatello on Friday, but he came Saturday afternoon when we played Century in the semi-finals. We left in the middle of the game to get to Brand’s game, but came back during the championship where we faced Century again and lost in 5.  I sure missed playing Century; it seems like Bonneville always plays its best against Century!

Kolt volunteered to work at the ISU Halloween Carnival on Saturday afternoon.  I had a great idea for costumes.  Kason is Curious George, Kolt is the Man in the Yellow Hat, and I was Maggie Dunlop, a teacher from the show (but it was a little hard to recognize!) Kolt was a hit at the party, and all the kids kept asking if I was married to the Man in the Yellow Hat! He was a hit!!





Sunday morning went out to the Foothill ward.  Brand spoke on why our church is the only true church. He did a great job! Kade Cook spoke next in preparation for his mission to Peru; Tanner Brinkerhoff, who just returned from his mission in Iowa, did a great job and gave a great talk full of the Spirit.  Kolt went to Austin Hansen’s report at 1; I came back with Kason to play the organ, sing in the choir, listen to Justin Palmer’s mission report, and teach Sunday school. I taught about how Christlike attributes can help us in our gospel learning.  The kids did a really good job of helping us make a big list of attributes as we studied the scriptures together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment