Kason Kolt Piquet is finally here! He was born on July 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM. He weighed 9 lbs. 8 oz. and measured 22 ¾ inches long. He is a big baby! Babies are supposed to gain back their birth weight in 2 weeks, but Kason weighed 9 lbs. 9 oz. today at his checkup at just 6 days old. The doctor induced my labor at 9 AM on Wednesday, so we totaled 10 hours of labor before Kason was born. It was a lot more painful that I had envisioned, and I really struggled at times, but Kolt was the best husband and helped me through every second of it. Kolt and I had a great 24 hours at the hospital with our new baby Kason. We enjoyed visits from family and friends, including a picture of Kason and his cousin Paisley. Kason is 2 pounds bigger than her!
Just as we were
about to checkout of the hospital at 8 PM on Thursday evening, Kason was taken
for his final checkup. The nurse told us
that it would be 15 minutes. Forty five minutes
later, the nurse returned and told us that Kason had not passed his oxygen test
and that he would not be able to go home.
Kason stayed in the NICU for 3 days. Kason swallowed meconium during
delivery which irritated his lungs, so he didn’t take deep breaths. He made amazing progress each day; he just
thought he would give us a good scare.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday were tough days as we sat at the NICU all
day long and then went home at night without our baby. Kolt went to his niece, Paisley’s, baby
blessing. It went great, and Shauna and
Landon put together a nice dinner afterwards.
She looked beautiful in her blessing dress. When we were able to take him home on Sunday,
it was the neatest moment for Kolt and me. We were so blessed to only be in the
NICU for 3 days while so many babies stay in the hospital for weeks and
months. We have loved having Kason
grow. Every night we just hold him and
enjoy being together as a family.
Kason is now 6 days old.
He loves eating and always thinks he is starving. He has the pretty blue eyes, and we love
looking at them when he is awake, which is only for about 15 minutes after he
eats. He makes lots of funny faces; his
mouth is always moving, and he really locks his eyes in on people. He is really good at finding voices
especially his dad’s voice. Kolt really
loves to hold Kason. When he comes home
during lunch and after work, he gives me a kiss first and then without fail,
finds Kason and gives holds him the hold time.
He is a pretty proud dad and loves that Kason looks like him. I included a picture of Kolt when he was a
baby and a picture of Kason. Wow! They
are so similar. We are really in love
with Kason!
The week before Kason
was born I missed a family letter! It’s hard to remember our lives without
Kason, but I’m going to try to remember, so we don’t miss a beat! On Tuesday, June 25th, Kolt and I
took Kamrie out to rope in the arena at Kolt’s parents’ house. Kamrie was a little busy body! Kolt roped on
Kate for most of the night and then chased some steers on Chex. My parents came out to watch for a little
while. Kamrie even got to go for a horse
ride with Grandma!
Kolt worked hard to
ride Chester, a Chestnut horse that he’s riding for Landon’s dad, Don
Harris. He made a lot of progress this
week. Don came up to watch Kolt ride him
and to see Chester’s progress. He was
pretty impressed with what Kolt could do.
Kolt is half done with the rides on Chester. Kolt built a round pen at our house, so that
he could work with Chester at home. It
is making it easier for Kolt to get rides in during lunch and in the
evenings. He likes to be able to ride
both Chex and Chester in one night. Kolt
went for a ride with my mom and one of my mom’s friends, Lin Lee Longhurst. They had an awesome time visiting. When they got back, Lin Lee told me that she
decided I got a really good husband. I
told her I agreed!
Last Monday was my 21st birthday! I had to work
early in the morning to print a few checks, and then I headed over to
Bonneville’s Skills Camp to help with registration and get food for the
help. Coaching is a little difficult, so
I didn’t to avoid wearing myself out! I got to visit with Karla Hess, who is a
Labor & Delivery nurse at Portneuf Medical Center. She answered all my questions and told me
some of the funniest stories. My parents
took Kolt & me to lunch at 4 to dinner at Texas Roadhouse! It was
delicious! We love being with my parents
and talking to them. It’s a fun
transition when your parents become some of your closest friends. After dinner, I went and helped Kolt move
pipe. Yes, this 39 week pregnant woman
walked up and down the fields, helping her husband move pipe on her birthday!!
He doesn’t realize how lucky he was.
Don’t worry though, I only helped click in the ends, nothing unsafe. Erin Klingler was so nice to send over the
sweetest cards and the yummiest cookies that her daughter Jessica made! It
totally made my day, and I think I ate every single one of them! I told Kolt
that I didn’t want him to get me anything for my birthday because I would
rather he wait until I had the baby, so he could get me some new clothes. I’m guessing he decided that was a good idea,
so I can’t wait for the day I can fit into my clothes again! I finished the
night by going over to the last session of volleyball to watch the freshman
that will be on my team again. Makayla
called me during it and totally made my day! I love talking to Makayla!
On Tuesday, we had my doctor’s appointment where I found out
I was being induced. I told Kolt before
that I wasn’t leaving until she told me I could have my baby tomorrow. Well, she did! Even though I got what I
wanted, I was overcome with emotions as we left the hospital. I managed to put myself together to host the
Annual Flash-from-the-Past BBQ with my friends and teammates that I graduated
with. My parents cooked awesome
hamburgers, and the girls helped bring salads, desserts, drinks, and paper
products. It went together perfectly! I
loved catching up with everyone. I had a
great time talking with Savanah and Jordyn who both have had babies
recently. They also both had Dr. Huggins
as well, so I learned a lot about their experiences that helped ease my
mind. We took some time to each tell
about ourselves and catch everyone up on our lives. We really missed Makayla, but she was awesome
to send a letter with a little bit about her also! The party lasted a few
hours, but it felt like it just flew by! I sure love those girls and enjoy
being with them so much.
Well that is the update of our lives. It’s a lot easier to write when I write every
week, so I will work on that! We love having Kason in our lives and are excited
for the adventures to come. I attached a
lot of pictures!
![]() |
| This is Kolt when he was a baby! Looks just like Kason! |

No comments:
Post a Comment