We have had a fun
week all about our sweet baby Kason! Kason is growing quite a bit. When we left the
hospital on Sunday night, he weighed 9 lbs. and 2 oz. On Tuesday, we had his hospital follow up
where he weighed 9 lbs. 9 oz and measured 23 inches long. He is in the 99.9% for height and 91% for
weight. Thursday at his circumcision
appointment, he weighed 9 lbs. 11 oz. He
loves to eat and sleep. His time awake
keeps getting longer and longer. He
usually stays awake after he eats for about an hour and then sleeps for a
couple hours before he is ready to eat again.
His little face is changing every day, now looking less and less like
Kolt’s identical twin. He is happy
almost all of the time except when he is hungry!
We started off our
week with a visit from Trish and the girls on Monday. Kason had been waiting a long time to see the
girls! They are excited to be Kason’s
babysitter because I babysat them for many years. We also had visits from Hailey & her mom and LoAnn. My dad also offered to take me to town with
him and leave Kason with Natalie for a quick trip. On the way to CAL Ranch, I realized it was
the first time I had been out in the sun for the past 7 days. Monday evening we went out to Rope & Brand’s
4-H Meeting. Kason and Paisley sat very
nice in their car seats on the bleachers.
They surprised me with a birthday cake and an awesome oil for my hair
and a cut and color at the salon. I went
to the salon Wednesday to get my hair done from Sara Sanders who is amazing! It
was also my first time ever going to a salon, so it was pretty fun being
pampered! After my birthday celebration, we watched Thor at his parents’ house;
we were all asleep including Kason who was snuggling with Grandpa Piquet.
Tuesday we had our
checkup with Dr. Southwick. Kason was at
93% oxygen which is great! He has been doing awesome. He still has a hard time breathing in his car
seat, so we try to limit the time he spends in the siting position. When he lies down, his breathing slows, and
he takes deep breaths. On Thursday, we
returned to Dr. Southwick for Kason’s circumcision. Kolt asked Dr. Southwick if he could be with
Kason. He had to promise he wouldn’t
faint if he were in the room. Kolt was
quite intrigued by the procedure, and Dr. Southwick did a great job of
explaining what he was doing throughout the surgery. I didn’t have a great time as I sat in the
waiting room and listened to Kason cry, but only during the shots. The doctor came in first to tell me that
everything went okay. He congratulated
me on Kason having a “big unit”. We still have a good laugh about that. When Kason came back in, I was supposed to feed
him for 15 minutes, and then the nurse would check on the bleeding. We learned
that Kason can really cry. Kason screamed for 15 minutes straight. Kolt was finally able to put him to sleep, and
we were glad we were able to walk out without a screaming baby. He is healing quite well, but still isn’t
quite sure about us changing his diaper.
Tuesday and Wednesday
I went into work for a few hours to print checks. I had originally made arrangements for
someone else to print checks, but since I wasn’t feeling too bad and Kason was
doing well, I decided it would be easier to go in and do it myself, so I didn’t
have to spend the time cleaning up things when I got back. My amazing boss made Kason a baby blanket, nursing
cover, and car seat cover. She also bought
him some very cute pajamas! She also offered to take Kason for me while I
worked. She didn’t seem to mind holding
him one bit. She got a new grandson a
few weeks before Kason that she is anxious to meet, so Kason was a good
fix. Kolt brought me lunch on Wednesday and
took Kason during his lunch break, so I could get some work done. The day went very smoothly, but I was very
tired by the time the day was over.
Thursday evening we
went up to 4-H Horse Camp in Alpine.
Kason was pretty sad from his appointment earlier in the day and slept
for 7 hours after. We had pizza for
dinner. Susan Waddell came to visit and loved
holding Kason. Friday we had arranged to
take family pictures, but our photographer’s daughter was pretty sick, so we
rescheduled for Monday. I spent the day
doing laundry and cleaning Kason’s room.
We celebrated Brady’s birthday that evening and had Kolt’s favorite
meal, my mom’s Chinese. Kolt wanted to
ride Chester around the big block in Iona.
I told him I was not getting on a horse or a bike, so my next idea was
to drive the John Deere tractor.
Kevin & Ashley and Jeanna
& Tate came to visit Kason, so I only got a short ride. My mom was happy to ride Kate along with
Kolt, so he had good company.
Saturday Kolt didn’t
go to work, so he got to work with both horses.
He went on an early morning ride with my mom on the Iona hill. I took Kason up to the John Loader Dalling
Reunion. Kolt went out to the arena and
ranch roped with Chex. He did great and is
getting to be quick the roping horse.
Kolt has done a great job with him, and we officially put him up for
sale Sunday. In the evening, Kolt, Kason
& I went with Kolt’s parents to dinner at the Sandpiper. It was our first time there, and we
absolutely loved it! I had planned to feed Kason before we left, but he decided
he was still hungry in the middle of dinner.
We are getting quickly familiar to life with a baby.
Sunday we went to Andrew Smith’s homecoming talk in the 1st
ward. It was nice to see Andrew and several
friends from high school. He did a great
job speaking about trust in God. The highlight
of the talk was when he forgot how to say “grove”, so he said that Joseph Smith
went into the woods. We went to lunch at
his house afterwards. Kolt is really
happy to have his close friend home.
They are already planning basketball games at the church. We also went to our ward, and Kason did great
sleeping all through sacrament meeting and then eating during Sunday
school. Kolt taught a good lesson about
the Sacrament. We had a good visit from
Kolt’s parents before his mom leaves for girls camp.
Kolt finished his job working for his uncle Vern with PK
Trucking & Seed. He is going to
spend the next few weeks before school starts volunteering at the hospital and
shadowing a doctor, as well as finishing with his 2 horses. We are excited to get going on all the
requirements for medical school, and he is also excited to spend some time with
Kason before the school year gets busy.






No comments:
Post a Comment