Kolay turned 20 weeks on Saturday! It's hard to believe that was over 4 months ago as her birth is still so fresh to me. She is still pretty bald with dark hair on the back of her head. Her finger nails grow like crazy! She is always scratching her face. She is starting to grab the toy on her car seat and other toys in from of her. She loves to hold my finger when she settles down. She is getting better at sleeping at night, and last night she slept 7 hours again. Wahoo! She loves to eat a lot in the evening to help her sleep longer. Kolay likes being outside almost as much as her brother. She is pretty content to sit in the stroller and watch her dad work with a horse. Kolay had her first food this week. Her brother Kason fed her a part of her Oreo. She really liked it until she spit up. I shouldn’t say her first food. A couple weeks ago, she actually sucked on a cinnamon bear from Grandpa Piquet and really liked that actually!
Monday morning Kolt had his last day of shadowing Scott. He has enjoyed learning from him in a different environment than family first. Kason played with Brooke for a while and then went with aunt Natalie to pick up Nathan. Kolt picked him up on the way home. He loves playing with Brooke and Nathan. In the afternoon I worked a few hours. In the evening Kolay, my mom, and I attended the play Mary Poppins in Pocatello at the Mystique Theatre. One of our coworkers was in the play so we decided to watch. I didn't think Kason would do very well at the play so he went with Kolt to put shoes on Clyde. Kason had a great time playing outside with paisley. At one point, he went up to Shauna's door and knocked on it saying "Shauna! Open door! Please!" It was pretty cute and she was great to let him come it and feed him. The play was fantastic, and I sat there the whole time wishing I had brought Kason. There was so much action that Kason would've been so intrigued.
Tuesday morning Kolt worked with Bonnie then we went to get tires on the trailblazer. We put the kids in the stroller while we waited and walked to Broulims to do some grocery shopping. Kolt and I suckered for some sushi that was delicious! The kids fell asleep on the way home and had a good nap. In the evening, Kolt had his ISU IF Graduation ceremony. Shane, angela, Brand, Rope, Landon, Shauna, paisley and Hesston came to the program. They had refreshments and then had a nice program with a few student and faculty speakers, then they let the graduates come up and say what they were graduation with and their plans. It was a nice ceremony. We took a lot of pictures afterwards. It was a beautiful day, and we are grateful for all the great family support Kolt has as he continues his education.
On Wednesday morning, I went into work to do a practice on the layout job. I did the farm and ranch layout until Beth's funeral was over and boy was I happy to see her! Kolay wasn't the easiest to work with so I was grateful my mom was willing to help some in the office too. When I got home, Kolt rested for his on call night shift. He got called in early for 7-11 and then found out at 10:50 he was staying for the night. He was a little disappointed, but survived. The kids know when Kolt is on nights and take turns being up in the night so I am constantly running from room to room. Neither of us really like night shifts but his work has been short staffed lately and is always calling to see if Kolt can pick up shifts.
Thursday morning Kolt came home after work and then went to his last institute class. He has been a diligent Institute student during his undergrad. He then came home and slept on and off when kids were sleeping. We got grandma piquet's final birthday things ready. We made her a birthday video with the kids that turned out pretty cute. I had my last volleyball practice at 6. We played lots of games and they had fun with that. We had a great scrimmage again with the 10s and 14s at the end. After practice, Kolt met me with the kids to go to grandma piquet's birthday cake and ice cream. Shauna and Landon and Kolt and I got her a new towel set for her birthday. She liked that! Kason even drew a picture on her card and then pointed at it and said "cow". I think he drew her a cow! At one point, Kason was going up the stairs and Landon went to get him and bring him back down, and Kason was kicking and screaming. I took him in a little timeout in the spare bedroom and had him sit on the bed and I stood in the room with him. After timeout, I told him he needed to tell Landon sorry and give him a love and he excitedly ran out and did just that. It was sure cute! After cake and ice cream, the boys went out to play football and the girls and babies stayed inside. It was a fun evening!
On Friday, Kolt took Kason and worked on fence while I had Kolay at work closing the month with my mom. We got in around 7 and worked until 1. We decided to do it that way so it was only a half day and we are sending out statements on Monday. I did the layout again before I came home. In the afternoon, Kolt slept for his on call night shift, and Kason and saydie went swimming in the hot tub while Kolay and I watched. Kason loved the swimming and I think we may be doing that a lot this summer. In the afternoon, I met Trish to pick up Lindsey for the evening so she could play volleyball with me the next morning. We had a fun night, watching Brooke, Nathan, and Lindsey swim, riding the 4-wheeler, fixing fence, making sticky popcorn, and playing with Brooke and Nathan. Kolt ended up not being called in which was so great!
On Saturday morning, Lindsey, Kolay and I went to volleyball. Kason had been up from 5-7 that morning and fell asleep at 7 until 9:30. Kolt stayed with him until grandma Lindley got home and then went to help at Stucki's branding day. Volleyball went well; we had a great day. Some of the girls couldn't be there, so had some fill ins come help us. They were excited to get a few 3-hit plays. After volleyball I met Kolt at the rodeo with Lindsey and the kids. We watched rope do breakaway, saddle bronc, and chute dogging with Great Grandpa Piquet. Rope didn't have too great of a day, but we had fun watching. We went home to let the kids nap, and let Kolt work with Clyde, then hurried back for Brand and Ropes team roping events. Both teams missed but we got some cool pictures! After the rodeo, we went to rexburg and got Gelatis at Karrie Ann's. They are amazing! Its the same place Shauna took me before Kolt surprised me with a proposal at Mesa falls. We decided to get larges, and all had a stomach ache afterwards. Oops! We drove to grandma Dallings house to wish her happy birthday and meet Trish to drop off Lindsey. It's great to visit my grandma and sad to see her get older. After the visit, we drove to Shauna and Landon's new house and took a walk through. It is almost finished!
Today we had a good morning together indexing and watching frozen. Grandma went to take a shower and Kason went running down the hall, started banging on the door and telling "grandma! Bath! Toys!" until she got out, and filled a bath for him. It was pretty cute! We had a good block of meetings. During sacrament meeting, Kason told me he'd "be back! Water!" We had just had a drink from the fountain. He thought that would be a good idea! I was touched by the lesson in relief society to listen to he spirit. After church we had dinner at Natalie's. Kason loved playing with the cousins. It was a nice rainy Sunday!

No comments:
Post a Comment