Monday, September 8, 2014

Kolt's 23rd Birthday--Crafts--Big 'N' Rich Concert--Dentist

Kason is officially 14 months old! He is full of energy, always on-the-go.  He enjoys being outside and usually goes straight out for the horses. He has a cute little run now and has to run everywhere in full speed.  He has lots of falls and accidents, and usually comes running to me with a traumatic cry until he realizes he's okay! He loves food, any food, especially fresh fruits right now.  He has been on a bad sleep routine, since he got a cold. Now that he is feeling better, he is having a hard time not waking up at 2:30 AM every night.  Saturday night, we reminded him that he usually sleeps 'til 6, but not going in to get him when he woke up at 2:30, and it worked! He slept until 6 AM on Sunday morning and 7 AM today. Record sleep-in time! He just got his 12th tooth this week, making all 4 front teeth on the top and bottom and 4 molars.  He is getting to be quite the little talker and can communicate a lot of things! He loves to wave, even at everyone at the grocery store.  He also blows kisses.  He says Mom, Dad, Grandma (am-ma), and all done. He has even said love you, no, and Susan a couple times this week for the first time this week.  He has also said "Shauna" when he is out at Shauna's house. He does sign language for "more" and "all done" as well which helps at meal times! He still loves to kiss at all the horses like his dad does when they go out to see them.


Baby girl is doing great! She is quite active in the morning times, just like Kason was.  Kolt can even feel her now which is fun. She even kicked Kason today when he was snuggling with me.  I am feeling pretty good, other than being exhausted and having a little sciatic nerve pain.  I have been in the nesting stage--I already have her clothes folded in the drawer and dresses hung in the closet. That is pretty impressive for me! I am getting very excited to dress this baby girl!

Monday was Labor Day.  Kolt worked all night and came home at 8 on Monday morning.  We met him at Kolt's parents to pick up Roy, Sisco, and Sugar for a horseback ride with my mom, my dad, Kason, Lin Longhurt, Kolt and me.  We had a great ride. Kason rode with my mom on Kate, since my belly is a little too big to hold Kason in the backpack on the horse.  We went on a little ride up by Heise for the morning.  When we got home, Kolt went to sleep for his Monday night shift.  Kason, my dad, and I went to Fred Meyer to catch any of the sales we had missed.  We spent the rest of the evening finishing the growth charts with my mom. Kason went on a long long walk in the stroller with Grandpa Lindley.  He sure loves that!
Tuesday was month end for me at work.  Kason went out to Shauna and Landon's for the day while Kolt had classes.  They had a great time shopping and playing, and he took a big nap with Landon.   I finished in time for volleyball practice, and Kolt picked up Kason in time to come help.  We had a good practice, working on serve receive and scrimmaging with the J.V. at the end.





Wednesday, Kolt had classes in the morning, and I worked in the afternoon.  We had some software complications, so I barely got checks printed in time for our game against Madison.  The girls were great and had eaten dinner and put up the nets by the time I was there.  All I had to do  to get the gym ready was set up the scoreboard and recruit parents to help officiate.  We have some great freshman parents this year, so it is pretty easy to get help which is so nice.  The girls had a slow start, winning 25-23 in the first game.  In the entire first game, I can't remember a single pass, serve receive or free ball, that was in front of the 10-foot line. They had an even slower second game, losing 11-25.  After a little pep talk and lots better passing, we won the next two games 25-10 and 25-22 or something like that.  Thank goodness we were serving pretty well.  Natalie was awesome to bring her kids to the game and watch Kason. He sure liked cuddling with her and holding her hair!  She was a lifesaver for us! Kolt was good help and would talk to the girls as they came on and off the bench.  After cleaning up the gym, we ran out to Rope's football game at Stinger just as it was ending! As we left the field, Kolt got a call to go into work, so he worked from 8-11 that evening.  

Thursday was Kolt’s 23rd birthday! We started the morning by opening his presents.  Kolt got a new cinch from my parents.  Kason and I gave him a couple shirts, a pair of bright orange tennis shoes, a shaving kit, and a Duck Dynasty hat.  Kason loved opening his presents with him and could tell it was a party.  After opening presents, Kason and I stayed home while Kolt went to school.  We cleaned a little, took a little nap, and played outside.  We met at volleyball practice at 4.  One of the girls on my team got pulled up to JV, so now we have 7 on our team! It will definitely make practices interesting, but it will be great for the girls to have to step up and fill the gap.  We ended practice a little early due to practice plans being a little dependent on 8 players.  After practice, we went out to Brand’s game for a little bit against Madison.  In the second half, my parents picked us up to go to the Big ‘N’ Rich Concert at the fair for Kolt’s birthday! Thank goodness it was Grandma’s Day; it worked out perfectly! Thanks, Grandma Piquet, for taking Kason, wearing him out, and putting him to bed for us! We got to the fairgrounds in time to have a little fair food for Kolt’s birthday dinner.  We ate Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches and tiger ears.  We were stuffed; the food was great! We were grateful to get tickets from the Post Register for the concert.  My parents’ seats were in the grandstands, and ours were on the track.  We met up with Shauna and Landon and listened to the concert on the track with them! It was a great concert; I recognized a few of the songs, and Kolt knew a lot more of them.  We also liked the opening band, Old Dominion.  We had a good time enjoying a date night! It was a little long for me to stand the whole time, and I got burnt out quick, but I loved the music and entertainment! Kolt loved Cowboy Troy! He was fun to watch! After the concert, it took a few hours until my hearing came back, but it was all worth it! Happy Birthday, Kolt!













On Friday morning, I had a teeth cleaning appointment at the dentist.  I met my mom in the parking lot to take Kason for a little bit until Kolt got home from class.  I always dread going to the dentist, mostly because I know I haven’t brushed or flossed like I should have.  A couple weeks ago I noticed one of my teeth being extra sensitive.  I figured I had a cavity when I went in.  After taking the x-rays and letting the dentist look at my teeth, they noticed that one of my fillings was loose.  I hadn’t even noticed it was loose! I am going in again on Wednesday to replace the filling.  I made sure to double check that it wasn’t a procedure that I should wait until after delivery to do. Unfortunately for me, they said it was harmless, and we could do the procedure while pregnant.  J  I am glad to know what the cause of the sensitivity is, and it will be nice to have it fixed and feeling better! On Friday afternoon, I went into work.  Things were pretty slow and relaxing which was nice. In the evening, Kason and I went with my parents to Nancy Long’s sale of her preschool supplies. Kason got a lot of new toys including a bike, a rocking horse, a shopping cart, a big fire truck, a basketball hoop, and a lot of books. He loves them! Kolt got called in to work the night shift on Friday.




On Saturday morning, we got up and headed to the fair again, this time to work the PR Fair Booth with my mom.  I had told Kolt he should stay home to sleep after working all night, but he didn’t seem to think it was right to miss the last day of the fair.  He and Kason thankfully took a little nap in the car on the way down and for a little bit before they got out and walked around.  My mom and I worked the booth; it was pretty low-key other than going through tons of free popcorn, taking a few complaints, and baking under the canopy. It is a pretty fair trade for some fun days at the fair.  After our shift, my dad met us, and the 5 of us walked around the fair.  We started by getting a little lunch. We all shared curly fries, Teriyaki rice bowl, quesadilla, peach smoothie, chocolate-covered bacon, and a funnel cake.  It is always fun to try new foods at the fair. We had a great time walking around. The animals were the highlight of the day. Kolt left a little early to get back for his evening shift at the BHC.  When we got home, we took a little nap. My mom and I started another project: Popsicle Puzzles.  They were a bit of a challenge, but they look great! I love one-night projects!


We had a great fast and testimony meeting on Sunday.  I played the organ, and Kason was less than great during the meeting. He is right in the middle of a difficult Sacrament Meeting baby stage.  Kolt and I both taught half of the lesson on Sunday. The prompt was “How does obedience affect my ability to learn the gospel?” It was a fun lesson, and we learned about Daniel and his interpreting the King’s dream.  We sure have a great class that tries hard to learn.  Kason fell asleep with Kolt during Priesthood. We had a great Relief Society lesson about eternal marriage, one of my favorite topics. I’m so grateful that my family can be together forever.

On Sunday evening, we celebrated Kolt’s birthday out at his parents’ house.  We had spaghetti for dinner, one of Kolt’s favorites.  We had a German Chocolate cake that was delicious! Shauna and Landon gave him a pair of bucking rolls ­for his saddle. His parents gave him a bosal. He is excited to use them both! After opening presents, his mom also made a Moon Cake, Kolt’s favorite! It was a great birthday! We had a fun evening of visiting and walking in the stroller!




No comments:

Post a Comment