Well, this is quickly
changing from a weekly family letter to a monthly family letter! I am going to
get better, I promise. Kason turned a year old a couple weeks ago! I still can’t
believe he is a year old! At his one year appointment, Kason weighed 23 pounds
3 ounces (77%) and 31 ½ (98%). He is
still at the top of the charts, although getting much thinner than he used to
be. He is definitely a walker now. He
takes off everywhere. Sometimes he will
still bear crawl when he wants to go really fast! He learned how to open the
back door today which he has been trying to do for weeks. He is now trying to figure out how to unlock
it. Kason still loves to be outside for any
reason. He eats a lot! At his 1 year
checkup, the doctor said he needs to have lots more milk, so we have been
increasing quickly. He has been great about that now and definitely is ready
for milk at several times throughout the day.
He is a good sleeper now, going down at about 9:30 and sleeping until
6:30 all by himself in his crib. He has
come a long wit sleeping and his mom and dad are very grateful! Kason is a
vocal kid with opinions about how his toys should work and every other
thing. He loves to play catch and drive
cars, tractors, and all other toys along the floor while making the sound of an
engine. It is pretty cute! Kason just got his 7th, 8th
and 9th teeth. The poor kid
has been a little sad during all of this teething! Thank goodness for medicine!
Here are the highlights of the past 3 weeks:
On the 1st,
I celebrated my 22nd birthday.
I was bummed to have to work a full 8-5 day on my birthday, and I had no
idea how much Kolt was doing at home.
Kolt and Kason had the laundry done and the house spotless!! Both of
them picked me up at work in shirts and ties! It was a great surprise. We went shopping for a new swimming suit
which I had wanted for a long time. Kolt knows me well-enough to know I like to
have a say in new clothes; hence, he took me shopping to pick it out which was
great! We found just the perfect swimming suit and ordered the right size
online. We then dropped off Kason to my
parents for a birthday dinner at Stockman’s.
As we were leaving the restaurant, I began to notice that Kolt wasn’t
going the right way home. When I asked
him about it, he just made a joke. Out
of nowhere, he surprised me by pulling into the Destinations Inn Hotel, the
place we stayed the first night we were married. I was SOO surprised! Kolt had our bag already
packed and in the room. We stayed in the Rio de Janeiro room which was
beautiful, and we enjoyed every minute of a quiet evening and good night’s
sleep. Kolt was even nice enough to let
me watch my Tuesday night TV series to top off the night! Kason did great with
Grandpa & Grandma Lindley and had his best night of sleep to that date! It
was a great birthday. I’m still amazed at how perfectly Kolt planned it all!
On the 3rd,
Kason turned 1 year old! In the morning, we watched Nathan’s teeball game. We spent most of the day thinking of the
memories from the past year. Kolt took
Kason to the park while I was at work. They had a blast. He loves sitting in the swing. In the evening, Grandpa & Grandma
Lindley, Natalie, Brady, Nathan, Brooke and Great-Grandma Lindley came to eat
cake and ice cream with us. Nathan &
Brooke got Kason a big truck and trailer toy set. Grandma & Grandpa Lindley got him a farm
set and some clothes. Great-Grandma
Lindley helped us get Kason a new basketball, clothes and several other fun
toys. I also decided I wanted to decorate
my first cake for Kason’s birthday. I
couldn’t decide which one to do, so I did them both! I made a football one and a
John Deere one. I am still pretty excited about it! Later in the evening, we
had a visit from Daniel Price and his kids.
Kolt took the kids on the horse.
Kason had a great birthday!
We had a fun 4th
of July this year with Kason! This was his first 4th celebration,
since last year, we spent the day in the hospital. The day started with the Idaho Falls
parade. We brought Rope with us, and he
thought it was pretty cool. Kason like
the parade; he loves watching cars on the road, so it was right up his alley.
We had great seats in the shade too which was nice! In the evening, we went out
to Aunt Karla’s for a BBQ to see Kolt’s family in town. We got some dinner and then hurried off to
the Chuckars game. It was a great game, and
they even won! Kason wasn’t much for watching the game. He loved being on Kolt’s shoulders, so we
spent most of the game walking around the top.
It was a little hot for me! After the game, we watched down to the river
to watch the fireworks. Kason liked
watching them for about 15 seconds. After that, he remembered that he was tired
and ready to go home! We are sure grateful for this country.
On the 6th, we had my and Kason’s birthday party
celebration with the Piquet’s. We had an
awesome lasagna dinner and then cake and ice cream. Kason got a ball popping vacuum, cars, and
dinosaurs. Kolt and I got him a basketball
hoop. He still picks up his ball and stands
at the hoop until we lift him up. It is
pretty cute! I got lots of new clothes and sandals and a pink fishing pole! It
was a great time! We definitely got spoiled rotten. Kason was a pro at opening
his gifts. It was fun to watch!
I spent a few days early in July at the BHS Skills
Camp. It was great to see the incoming freshman
and to see my team this year. I am
getting excited.
On the 7th, we had Kason’s doctor’s
appointment. We got his weight and height. His doctor told us he needs more milk, but
other than that, he is doing great. He
got some blood work and 4 shots. He was
a champ, especially with Dad not being there.
Kolt and I have both
been working a lot. We are so grateful for all the help with Kason. He has definitely turned into a Momma’s boy
with me being gone from 12-5 every day.
I’m looking forward to the day when I don’t have to leave him anymore.
Kason and I have been to a couple of reunions so far this
summer. We went to the Heileson reunion
in Alta, WY with Grandpa Lindley, Grandma Lindley and Great-Grandma
Lindley. We also went to the John Loader
Dalling reunion the following Saturday.
I really enjoy going to reunions and visiting with family that we don’t
see very often. Now that I have Kason,
it is fun to have some posterity to bring as well.
On the 17th we attended the ward adult
dinner. It was nice dinner and hot, hot,
hot!
My mom and I started the Hamer Skills Camp. I’ve spent lots of time collecting waivers
and fees, as well as ordering basketballs and volleyballs. We host each day of the camp at Hamer
Elementary. We did 3 days of volleyball
last week and just started the 3 days of basketball this week. I really enjoy doing that camp; the girls
love learning and are excited when they do things right. We have had a great turnout this year, our 3rd
year hosting the camp, with a record number of kids in attendance.
I have enjoyed having my cousin Ashley stay with us for the
week to trade babysitting for some volleyball.
She was a great help, and I still owe her big time! She took great care
of Kason and was great to do everything with me.








No comments:
Post a Comment