Sunday, April 27, 2014

I Touched Scotty McCreery!!

The highlight of this week was definitely the Scotty McCreery concert at BYU-I! Kolt, my mom and I went to the Scotty McCreery concert last night.  He put on such a good concert! We are still on a high, listening to his songs.  We knew some of them and then learned a lot more that we fell in love with! He did a good job of singing some of the old country songs and appreciating the classics.  The highlight of the night was when Scotty walked up our aisle, and I got to touch him!! We had a great night and enjoyed the music.


Kason is 1 week less than 10 months old! He has been trying to get over feeling sick.  He just get over pink eye and now has a cough and sore throat which makes him pretty whiny. He is quite a shy boy and takes some warming up still.He loves food, especially whatever anyone else is eating. He is quite the moocher. He likes bath time and taking naps with Mommy. He still loves being outside the most.  He loves going for walks in the evenings with Grandpa & Grandma Lindley. We are trying to get rid of the rain, so we can be outside more.  He could be outside for hours and never make a peep, just taking it all in!





During the first part of the week, I spent a couple days trying to get checks printed at work. Monday evening we let Kason destroy the rest of our Easter cake. He might’ve liked that a little too much! Tuesday evening, I had my last volleyball practice which was great! The girls did a good job, and we had a nice scrimmage at the end! We have spent lots of time this week finishing our last few papers and quizzes. On Wednesday evening, we had home teachers.  We are grateful for diligent home teachers who bring the Spirit every month.










Thursday I volunteered to watch a boy from our ward whose mom had surgery this week.  He is in preschool with Nathan, so I picked up both boys and brought them home for the afternoon.  They had a great time playing with each other. Their biggest concern was that Kason was ruining their race cars, so that was an easy fix for me. They were both good boys and were excited when Kolt got home to play with them.  On Thursday evening, Kason went out for Grandma’s Day at the Piquet’s.  I finished lots of homework and then went to my last Thursday night meeting. Kolt had his last lab in Pocatello.




On Friday, I went into work and Kolt took Kason to pick up envelopes at Artco.  I got my graduation announcements in the mail on Friday as well.  In the evening, we went to the ISU ASISU Awards Banquet at the school.  We had yummy steak for the meal. Kolt won the Outstanding Club Member of the Year Award. His clubs also won many awards as well.  He has been a big help to his clubs and is a very involved student on campus.  After the dinner, we went to ShayNiel Burch’s wedding reception. She looked beautiful! It was fun to visit with Kim Cooper, Danielle Bingham, Amy Miller, and other friends, including Kolt’s 1st grade teacher. He talks about Mrs. Larsen all the time!

On Saturday I had my last 10 year old volleyball tournament at Taylor’s Crossing. Kolt came for part of it and left Kason with me to help with Chantal’s horse and get ice cream for the girls for a little bit in the afternoon.  The girls played good and have improved a lot over the season.  After the volleyball tournament, we got ready for the concert.  Kason stayed with Grandpa Lindley and Cousin Ashley.  

Today we woke up feeling pretty yucky, but we got it together to make it to Sacrament Meeting and Sunday school to teach and play the organ.  It was a nice meeting, and Kason was a good boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment