November 4, 2012
Dear Family,
Happy Birthday to Kolt's dad! And also Happy Anniversary to his parents! We are grateful that our family is sealed in the temple! We have already started celebrating the Thanksgiving season. Today we had Thanksgiving dinner with the Staker family. Kolt and I brought the mashed potatoes for the dinner. Don't worry, I practiced a couple of times before, so I was a master today! It was a great dinner, and we had great company. Kolt's mom had her parents there, her sister Terry and her family and her brother Gerald and his family there. It is definitely a different experience for me, as the Dalling family dinner consists of over 150 people. We had a good group of 22 at dinner today and had a great time. I was in heaven holding Terry's little 2-month old Bentley Beck; she is a very sweet baby! Kolt challenged Landon to a game of chess. I think he won by accident! We also enjoyed listening to Grandpa Staker's testimony of the atonement before dinner. We will miss Grandma and Grandpa Staker as they head to Arizona this week to avoid the Idaho weather!
Tuesday night was Family Night for Kolt's Chemistry class. There were lots of sweet little kids that came with their parents to class that night. His teacher, Professor Jolley, put on a Halloween magic show with a lot of neat experiments that really wowed the kids. They had a great time and Kolt enjoyed seeing the things he'd learn be put to practice. We also had our last week of the call center this week. We are very excited to be done with that! Kolt has really been picking up the piano this week. He has been begging me to start giving him lessons since he got home. He says he would've really loved to be able to play the piano on his mission. He even wrote home to Tyler a couple times about playing the piano, and it sure helped Tyler get on the piano a little more. I finally gave Kolt a lesson on Monday. He has been diligent in practicing at least an hour every night. He is already through the Primer level books and sounds great!
Friday Dad, Kolt & I took off for Moscow to watch Tyler in the State playoffs. Despite the mud hole they played in, they did great and won 18-6. It was a pretty intense game and we were sure glad to be there. They gave a really nice tribute to Dads before the game, invited them down to the field, and gave them sweatbands to match their sons. It was pretty motivating, and the boys came out playing sharp. Tyler is holding up the left tackle position very well, and we are sure proud of him. We got to take Nathan with us to the game. He is such a smart 2 year old and talks very clearly. He was such a big boy all day without his mom until Kolt and I dropped him upside down on the pavement. He was so nice to still like us after that! He has a pretty good goose egg on his head still. We were excited that his mom still let him come home with us for a week! He has been great company!
Friday night we drove over to Moses Lake to stay with Natalie and visit sweet Brooke Leigh. She is a good baby and doesn't have much of a cry. We had a great time playing with her for the day and then ventured to take the long 10 hour trip home. I read Kolt The Goal, a book I am reading for my management class. After I got to the chapter I needed to for the week, Kolt said, "You can't stop! I gotta know what happens!" You wouldn't believe this book is actually quite intriguing!
We are really excited to go on our official honeymoon on the 15th. We have determine to work extra hard these next two weeks on homework, so we don't have to take a single textbook with us. Wish us luck!
Love,
Kolt & Susan Piquet




No comments:
Post a Comment